Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Just had my daughter check too…and you’re right. Same wording. April 2019 for my daughter.

2 Likes

But why haven’t we ED2 applicants received any email or information update?

I don’t think th email means anything
Son class of 2022 got same email
Daughter class of 2021 has same email from 2019

1 Like

Did those kids get accepted?

1 Like

My D wouldn’t fit into any of those groups that I am aware of…

What was the outcome for those that got that email in 2019?

1 Like

And I’m a little confused. Your D who applied for this fall got this email back in 2019?

Sorry
I have a current junior and senior in high school
I had them search there emails for the language noted about about “soon you will receive additional info “ etc and they both founds emails that matched that language .
That’s why I said it doesn’t seem to mean anything
Obviously I may be wrong and the email of the original poster may mean something positive … we are all just reading tea leaves at this point

2 Likes

My son got it in 2019, but he is a senior now. Waiting like you.

1 Like

Why was he getting Vanderbilt emails like that as a sophomore? I guess he was on their email list then?

Vanderbilt started sending emails and flyers since he was in 9th grade. I don’t know why.

I posted this on another Vandy thread, but wanted to post it here, since some have wondered about the timing of merit notification:

In 2019, the Cornelius Vanderbilt merit award notifications were emailed on Friday, March 8th, at around 5:00pm Central time (at least that is when my kid received her email). They also emailed denials. Be sure to check your SPAM folders as that is where some scholarship notifications were ending up.

I have no idea when exactly Vandy sent out the CV award emails for the last admission cycle, but you can do a search here to see if anyone posted that info–I would imagine it was in early March as well.

@sihuang in answer to your question, please see the following, taken from the Vandy web-site (Scholarships | Vanderbilt University)

“The application for the Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship is required; you must apply to be considered. For the Ingram Scholars Program and Chancellor’s Scholarship, the application is strongly encouraged; preference is given to those who apply. Students who wish to be considered for additional merit scholarships are encouraged to complete the Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship application and scholarship specific questions.”

*Not sure why this posted as a reply to another poster–I meant it as a general reply.

I have heard on ApplyingToCollege Reddit Theard that kids have received emails for Ingram, but I believe they are lying since I haven’t even received an acceptance/rejection email yet. What do you guys think??

In other schools like U of Miami, the scholarship students, received notification of finalist before acceptance. The letter also stated that failure to do the next step for scholarship (I think it was an essay) will be considered as lack of interest and could not be accepted at the school.

Has anyone here gotten any emails from Vanderbilt about scholarships? I haven’t.

My daughter hasn’t heard anything either.

My daughter hasn’t received anything. We were hoping to receive a notice from Mosaic but I’m not even sure how the program’s signature weekend is going to work. I tried to DM both VU Admission and VU Mosaic to ask about the state of the program, no response yet!

1 Like

Ingram Finalists were already notified as interview weekend is the second weekend in February (this weekend). Emails to those not chosen don’t usually go out for several more weeks.

How do you know? Were you nominated??

Haven’t heard back either