Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yeah, seriously. Colleges only have a certain amount of money to give to international students requesting aid. They’re not being “greedy” - giving people a free education is very very generous - but there’s only a certain amount of money to go out.

I know two very very very strong students who need full aid and have so far been rejected everywhere. It’s not a reflection on them, or you, but on how competitive aid is for international students.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I am also doing the A level curriculum but I am a US citizen (living abroad) and didn’t request aid. I also have predicted 3A*s and 4As at AS and didn’t submit my test scores and I have been accepted to a couple good schools so far. So I’m sure your application isn’t the main reason. Best of luck with the rest of your decisions, I’m sure you will end up somewhere great!

1 Like

When do decisions come out

Just what this board needs, some more drama about hacking the portal. :wink: you guys login and change the end of the URL to tab=decision
do you see admitted student events?

If I click it I get the “this event is not yet open”

What do you see if your change the URL? When I do that, the list of admitted student events comes up. Still can’t enroll in them.

anyone else care to try?

Same

I should add same, I got “access denied” before they fixed they previous glitch, and there’s basically no chance my son is getting in, he was straight-up rejected at ND and Chicago.

When I did the admitted student event thing a few days ago I got “access denied” but now if I change the end of the portal URL to “tab=decision” I’m able to access the events. I still think it probably doesn’t mean anything, but another data point for those who think it does.

Not going to try… I did this original and got access denied. I don’t dare tell my son he will be crushed. This is the last of his top 3 and it looks like he is either rejected or waitlisted. He was waitlisted at both Notre Dame and WashU, the other top picks for him. I will watch you guys have fun with it. BTW, I still think if you were able to access original you are accepted.

1 Like

I think the previous glitch was meaningful too - I am such a nerd I showed the IT guy in my office and he said it was likely autogenerated via permissions, if some got it and some didn’t he thinks it’s bc the permissions were based on admit status.

That is not to say the process was complete that long ago, though – if it were, why delay decisions release? (That is the only thing that gives me hope). So I think if you could see it you’re in, if you could not see it, it doesn’t mean you’re out.

You and me both, don’t feel like playing with fire today!

1 Like

I have been praying literally24/7 that all the admits just weren’t in yet. Maybe the delay was not in the admitting but maybe the financial aid end of it. Is this one of your son’s top 3?

What do you mean by adding decision=tab?

what do you mean tab=decision

ND had been his dream school, and everything else below that is kind of in a single tier. I had such high hopes, esp as our small Catholic high school has sent students to ND in the past (though it’s been many years since the last one). He took the most challenging schedule offered and is #1 in his class, and took two APs online on top of his regular schedule bc they weren’t offered at his school, but he can’t stack up to these kids who can take 4-5 APs starting freshman year. I also wonder if him being so openly conservative in his essays and activities worked against him. President of the Pro-Life Club, and he wrote about truth, beauty and goodness in his essays – rough in a world that can sometimes treat pro-lifers as hateful, and that often denies truth exists. We’ll never know! It’s such a crazy year and I know there are so many qualified applicants. And honestly, this is all a-okay with me, this educational environment is what we wanted for him, so if it means he can’t compete for the elite schools, so be it.

I think Vandy or Rice are his next-choices. But my sense is he’ll end up at Univ. of FL, as he has gotten those rejections, including at ND which is less selective than Vandy. UF is a great school, my older son is there, and I know he’ll thrive.

1 Like

You guys are so brave doing this stuff. I’m just buckled in for decision day.

1 Like

Go to the URL in your browser, and replace “tab=application” with “tab=decision”

1 Like

I did that, then clicked on one of the admitted student events and it said “This event is not yet open. Registration for this event will open when Regular Decisions are released.”