Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

thank you!!

1 Like

Can anyone talk about the benefit of living in a more urban area? I am considering other schools that are quite isolated. I think Vanderbilt might be a good fit because of the opportunities in a more populated area

1 Like

I was waitlisted and JHU and accepted to Vanderbilt! crazy how this works

Does anyone know how many (approximately) Vanderbilt allows on waitlist?

I think about 200 or about 7-10% of the freshman class is off the waitlist.

1 Like

I was waitlisted and I signed up for the information session at the end of April. Are you suppose to upload the “new information request” before that date or wait until after the information session?

I don’t believe they are giving tours but you can walk freely around campus. I wouldn’t expect to go inside any buildings though.

1 Like

We are here now. My daughter has Spring Break this week. We went to Tulane on Sunday/Monday for Honors Event and then came to Vanderbilt (thankfully acceptance arrived prior to arrival).

We walked around yesterday afternoon and today. We just used a map from a tour several summers ago.

1 Like

What are your thoughts? We will be there on Friday!

Has anybody visited their freshman dorms? It’s so tiny.

What did you think between Tulane and Vanderbilt? Has your daughter made a decision?

Both were great.

Tulane had an actual event so that was impressive and well done. The people are so friendly…even students walking by.

Vanderbilt’s campus is beautiful. No tours and admissions is locked. We had a map from summer 2018 tour.

My daughter has not decided.

She applied to ten schools. One was totally a last minute easy app and she has ruled it out although they offered best $

We will probably visit Rice sometime in next few weeks.

Campus is beautiful.
I’d love to hear your thoughts after your visit.

I tried to get my son to apply to Rice but he kept saying he didn’t want to move to Texas. He was under the impression is was nothing but hot and humid year round. When he finally realized that wasn’t the case the deadline passed. Baylor and TCU were still accepting apps, so he applied to those. He can go there for next to nothing but of course they aren’t even T30s. Please update us on your Rice visit. We were going to make the drive to Vandy next week but based off your experience maybe not it’s 11 hour drive.

The campus is beautiful and area is great
Plus Nashville is fun to explore too

We were not impressed w the mask efforts along our drive
But we were happy with mask compliance on both campuses and the areas immediately around them.

Thinking of doing the same thing next week. Were you able to get access to any buildings to see inside?

Not really

We did go in one building to use restroom
But it is clearly marked to not enter

My daughter contacted admissions to ask about partnering w a student to tour but was told they weren’t offering that now.

Well, my son was admitted ED so my inclination is to fall head over heels in love, lol. Tulane was also on his list. We visited last summer during a tropical storm. The school gave all baseball hats and umbrellas which was a nice touch. It is beautiful!

Thanks. Did you enjoy your walk around campus? We’ve seen a bunch around the NE and SW so this will be a new one. Looks beautiful

ED to Vanderbilt?
(My daughter too-thankful since it was on our plan to visit anyway)