Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

I thought chancellor announces in feb.- I recall it gives out awardees earlier from previous year posts.

Ok found out he got accepted into the Vanderbilt Mosaic program!

5 Likes

what about ED1?

1 Like

Just RD. Yes, he accepted into Mosaic program, some kind of multicultural program. He is Asian. Does it mean if minority who are accepted will get notice now. Those who did not will be rejected?

1 Like

mosaic is just for a select few i think (only for RD applicants)

if you don’t get it, doesn’t mean u are rejected

2 Likes

Many students who applied RD will find out earlier if accepted though the MOSAIC program----and is a multicultural program. All the rest of RD students will find out later. I am not sure when ED2 comes out. Some mentioned today, but I am not sure.

pretty sure it’s coming out wednesday
 still no email today

What is MOSAIC program. Is it the one time weekend event or a cohort program? Who are the people got selected?

1 Like

Seems it is a weekend event in March. My daughter’s friend is half white/half phillpino

1 Like

About 200 applicants are selected for MOSAIC

You don’t need to be necessarily a minority to be offered an invite. It’s referred as a multicultural program (so it’s pretty broad) to promote diversity. I think applicants from rural areas can be selected. Chancellor scholarship winners usually also get invited too.

1 Like

Was Cornelius and Chancellor’s released too?

1 Like

I don’t think so yet. I read previous posts and someone notes chancellor comes out sometime in Feb and CV March.

I think some of the Chancellor’s scholarships are already released (I got awarded that scholarship along with an invite to MOSAIC this afternoon). However, I do not know if the same is true with Cornelius.

5 Likes

I guess my son didn’t get an invite. I’ve been low-key hoping he’d be invited to Mosaic. I didn’t mention it to him but knew it might be coming out soon. Bummer.

What is special about Mosaic?

Congrats! So I guess Chancellor was released then.

Per Vanderbilt’s website, they state that “recipients of most merit scholarships will be notified in mid-March of their senior year.” I assume that only the individuals who were BOTH invited to Mosaic and awarded the Chancellor’s scholarship were notified yesterday; they rest will be notified next month along with the decisions. That means that those who were not invited to Mosaic still can receive such scholarships.

Thanks - you’re sweet trying to give reassurances but I believe I read that only 20-25 are given Chancellors and they are typically invited to Mosaic because of the meaning of Chancellor’s scholarship of building bridges. We were hoping for this scholarship since my Dd is heavily involved in multicultural activities to build bridges in many different ways through activism, leadership, volunteering, and political involvement. And because some of her activities were “big” and Gained a lot of attention from public- there’s a strong chance she was prob not accepted into the school either.

5 Likes

When are ED2 decisions going to be released?

1 Like