Vanderbilt Fall 2023 Transfers

May 11

2 Likes

Stats?

1 Like

My daughter was admitted yesterday.

2 Likes

Accepted for Physics and Astronomy. I’m at GW in DC, with a 4.0 GPA. Honestly, I have mediocre extracurriculars. I’m just a good writer. If you have more questions for me, please message me on discord (I’m on almost all of the transfer servers with the same username).

1 Like

Are any decisions expected today?

Also, if they decide not to admit you, do you get a rejection email?

I don’t think expected today. Next month apparently. Not sure when though.

1 Like

Looks like the first round of transfer decisions came out two weeks ago? Anyone hear anything since then from Vandy?

I think someone said May 11 was the deadline to respond to the first wave of acceptances so the next wave should be after that.

hoping that means May 12 but probably means May 15 or later

My daughter transferred in starting in Fall of 2021 and the acceptance and WL process extended well into June that year. Some of the holdup seems to be that schools have different timelines for their transfer students. So there’s a lot of movement into June and even July.

When did your daughter get her acceptance? Was she waitlisted on the 1st or 2nd wave? thanks

My D was waitlisted in the second wave which was around mid May. IIRC it was a wave which seemed comprised almost entire of WLs on the CC thread. She received her acceptance at the beginning of June…around the 2nd or 3rd. And she had 2-3 days to decide or something like that.

I don’t know if their policy has changed, but when she was applying the waitlist was need aware if that applies to anybody on this thread.

1 Like

Anyone getting accepted today?

looks like a few got accepted and waitlisted. mostly rejections, though.

Did they also give rejections? Why do they need to reject if they are going to have a few more rounds?

how do you know there were mostly rejections

got in today! econ major

1 Like

Still haven’t heard….wondering if silence means a likely rejection.

Where did you hear that?

reddit and discord

1 Like