VCU 2024

I think my dd only got a link to a portal to check when she received an email from admissions.

DS received notice yesterday evening that he was accepted. Applied end of October. Major: Engineering.
GPA: 3.9
SAT: 1330

https://admissions.vcu.edu/account/login?r=https%3a%2f%2fadmissions.vcu.edu%2fapply%2fstatus

Has anyone received a merit scholarship with their acceptance? Last year my daughter received a separate letter with a merit award. We are really counting on a similar award for my younger daughter this year. Getting anxious!

No merit offered yet. Hopeful we will see something.

I was told mid to late March for merit notification. We are hoping to hear earlier as OOS and fortunately she has multiple offers to consider.

Congrats!

VCUarts in my son’s first choice due to their Cinema Program, so it doesn’t really impact our decision making as we’re in-state fortunately. I do wonder if by already accepting their admissions offer we don’t somehow lower our chances of getting merit aid? This is our first time through the college application process, so we don’t know what we don’t know.

Received acceptance letter with merit schorlarship of $146k today. YEAH! I can breath now.

Wow. Can you let us know major? Also how were you notified? Via regular mail?

Biochemistry. Notified by snail mail.

Received postal / snail mail today for admission to vcu honors college. No merit aid or scholarship is mentioned.

Received acceptance to honor college today, and given a link for info about applying honor scholarship. when log on that page, cannot find the Apply button. Is it because the status is not updated yet?

NM. Honor scholarship application opens Feb 01.

This school really confuses me. Received email about two weeks ago and nothing since. No snail mail or anything. Not one of my ds to choices but would like see what they are offering

$146,000 – full-ride for 4 years? Thanks for clarifying. My elder dd was offered tuition and fees merit for all four years, but we’ve heard nothing about my younger dd who has slightly better stats.

$146k is not full ride for OOS students. Cost with room and board for OOS is about $45k per year, so total for 4 year will be about $180k. I believe VCU scholarship is very generous for applicants have perfect scores.
One of the big plus of entering Honor college is the honor housing, air conditioned single room with private bath.

Waiting to hear back from VCU. I hate how they are doing this weird “staggered rolling” choosing to real based on major as opposed to just releasing. Should have just applied to a different major instead of business. very triggered :frowning:

It’s frustrating and they have until April to tell us which is RD IMO. True rolling my DS would have heard by now.

DD got email last night that she was admitted to engineering department. applied Nov.12, no mention of merit scholarship. In-state. Would like to know if the merit come in later or she is not offered one.