VCU 2024

My son just got his acceptance packet to VCUArts! (School of Fashion Design & Merchandising) He applied mid-Dec. So relieved! Now to wait on his other school (FIT)

Daughter just received Honors College admission today. Still waiting on merit.

@mommek3 when did she apply? Just wondering what the turnaround time might be…

Li don’t remember exactly when, late October-early November.

The merit date seems to be elusive. Anybody have any up-to-date info on when?

@fsudad2022 I wish!! We have all the info from every other school but VCU.

Waiting on VCU Arts, my son applied end of December. He received an email last week from admissions about residency (in state but military). I submitted required info and they said they would attach it onto his app. Monday he received an email from VCU Arts saying your app is complete no go have fun!

Anyone else receive that email?

We didn’t get any emails from VCU - just the acceptance packet that came in the mail. I get scanned mail alerts from the p.o. & it wasn’t in that day’s mail so it came as a complete surprise.

Well, DS may have gotten an application is complete email back in mid-dec because he knew they got everything…but we didn’t get any “you’re in” email.

Our daughter was notified electronically on December 18 that she was admitted to the pre-nursing program at VCU for this coming fall, and found out two days ago via snail mail that she was admitted into the Honors College. However, we haven’t received a packet or anything in the mail about her general acceptance to the school. I called and asked if one was coming, and we were told that yes … we would get correspondence via snail mail. We’re getting impatient. VCU was my daughter’s first and only choice, so she plans to go there regardless, but we’re hoping to get the packet with information about, among other things, possible scholarship money. My wife keeps worrying and thinks our daughter should just go ahead and accept, but I keep putting her off in the vague hope that they might offer some/more money if our daughter doesn’t give in right away. Silly … I know.

I was telling my wife about the information in this thread, and she had a good point. If other schools have notified students about merit scholarships, isn’t VCU losing potential students by taking its time sending the details out?

I agree. Several schools have opened up housing so far and we are wondering if we end up with a poor choice in housing elsewhere if our D doesn’t select VCU after we hear about merit.

Right! You can’t even apply for housing at VCU until April 2!

https://housing.vcu.edu/application/

@SteveMM totally agree. We are sending our money to RIT. I was curious what my DS would get from VCU but tired of waiting

@2019boston No. Haven’t heard anything about $$ yet

My daughter talked to a classmate at school today, who has been accepted into the Biology department and the Honors College. She has not gotten anything in the snail mail either, other than her HC acceptance.

We haven’t received anything other than an email and an acceptance letter on my D’s portal page. No paper. I called admissions and the best I could get from them is that merit could be revealed between February 15th and March 15th but by April 1 we would definitely know.

I have to say after doing this with two different children, the VCU timeline is tough because you hear relatively quickly but then you sit and wonder. In the meantime, several other schools have contacted my D and even upped their packages by adding scholarships (university, department, diversity etc.). Love VCU but not the process.

We have been trying to apply the honor scholarship but the site seems down. Anyone got the same problem?

I just tried to check it, and I couldn’t access the scholarship form either.

@SteveMM please call VCU and let them know their web site has problem. I called and told the staff. She said they have not received any report regarding this problem. If more people call, I guess VCU will face it and fix it sooner.