Villanova Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Villanova Fall 2022 applicants – this is the spot for the future Class of 2026 to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Villanova 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Mean Unweighted GPA 4.2
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 72%
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 60%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 40%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have updated statistics from a trustworthy source, feel free to update this post. Just click the Edit button in the lower right corner.

For more info on applying to Villanova, visit the Admissions page on College Confidential’s College Search.

Trying to make sense of the GPA stats on this site overall. While I realize that the scales are very different across schools, how can an ‘unweighted GPA’ be more than 4.0 (like as is shown in the OP)? At least at our school, an A or A+ is considered 4.0. That’s when weighting kicks in based on level of class.

1 Like

When the school considers an A+ to be a 4.3

Thanks. I wonder if that is the prevailing definition when people on CC reference their ‘unweighted’ GPA. I don’t recall seeing anyone quote their unweighted GPA as more than 4.0. Further confusing the matter is that some schools (like ours up until last year) don’t give out A+ and instead just combine the top grade to be A/A+.

While colleges recalculate GPAs based on their own scale to normalize across candidates, it would still be helpful to have some kind of common language on CC around unweighted GPAs. Maybe always reference the top point: ‘UW 4.1/4.3’ and ‘W 4.4/5.0’. Just seems like having as much a common structure to compare against would be helpful. I get that it’s impossible to enforce this but maybe if the editors reinforce this proactively, many will abide.

Any thoughts @ CCEditorJoy?

1 Like

does anyone know when Villanova EA decisions will come out?

1 Like

They said by the 15th but since that’s a Saturday, I’m hoping they come out on the 14th (Friday)…

4 Likes

Could they release Regular Decision early?

They just posted that EA will come out on Saturday, 1/15. I don’t think they noted a specific time, but didn’t look too closely.

3 Likes

Regular decision applications aren’t due until January 15th. If they release early, it will still be a while.

Where did they post that? Thanks

I saw it on Twitter.

I saw a FB post from admissions

Does Villanova give a lot of Merit aid?

Hardly any

Refer to page 19 on CDS for non-need based aid: https://www1.villanova.edu/content/dam/villanova/enroll/registrar/CDS_2020-2021.pdf

if net cost is ultimately what you are after, this is a good govt published source: College Navigator - Villanova University

Thank you. I don’t see the value over public schools like Pitt, PSU, Rutgers or Delaware.

1 Like

Like most private universities aid is given based on number of kids in school for the same academic year. Not fair for me to comment on how someone defines value - but Villanova from an academic and post graduate life is an excellent school.

this likely depends on what metrics you use to measure value &, perhaps the major one wants to pursue.
Using College Scorecard for comparison, looking at:
Average Cost
Debt
Median Earnings two years after graduation (Comp Sci in this example)

Villanova
$41,027 cost, $27,000 debt, $69,338 earnings
Pitt
$27,938 cost, $27,000 debt, $67,202 earnings
Rutgers
$21,654 cost, $20,500 debt, $71,778 earnings

Obviously these numbers will vary greatly from full pay families to those that receive support

2 Likes