Villanova University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Yes, the Global Citizens is just for Freshmen VSB students. They have other programs under the title of “Global Scholars” for non-VSB students.

1 Like

My son wanted to do Global Citizens, however, it was canceled due to COVID when my son was a Freshman (Fall 2020). It was recently reinstated once the COVID restrictions were lifted for the countries of the study abroad programs. He chose a summer 2023 program very much like the Global Citizens program he missed out on, in the same city he wanted (London). He wants to be on campus with his friends during his senior year. If your son doesn’t want to be abroad during the school year, he can also choose a summer program. There are a lot of options. He’ll be able to go to Study Abroad fairs and talk to advisors about what he’s looking for in a program and his VSB advisor will be able to help too.

1 Like

Is Global Scholars a study abroad program or a program on campus?

1 Like

Thank you. We will have to inquire more about it. My older son did a London study abroad last summer with a different school. It is a great city for students… tons of them from everywhere. He had a great experience.

Global Scholars is a type of study abroad program - they have different ones though, depending on the student’s major.

1 Like

thank you, very helpful

That’s good to hear. Now it’s just a matter of getting everything ready for the trip. Are you planning on going to Admitted Students day? It’s pretty fun, and my son is usually there representing the clubs he’s a part of and his fraternity. You’ll probably see him there at some point if you go. FYI - there’s a FB group for VU Parents called the Villanova University Parents Page. Have you joined it? Highly recommend it.

Yes we are definitely going to Admitted Student’s Day in April… we cannot wait! And we are on the FB page.

As the parent of a son, would you recommend the fraternity experience? Are there business fraternities too? My son is super social and loves to go out (he definitely is not a stay in your dorm room kind of kid), but he is also not a partier. Pros & cons to the fraternities?

1 Like

Also, has anyone that was already accepted received an email to set up a MyNova account and Villanova email?

In an email received after acceptance, it said an email would be sent from the “Office of University Information Technologies” (UNIT) to set these up, but my son has not received one.

My son loves his fraternity - there are multiple ones. Your son will be able to rush during the normal rush time period for all of them. My son is social too, so no worries there. He’s not a “partier” but he goes to events and has fun. The cool thing about Villanova is kids can go wherever they want to, really. Tons of clubs, events, rec/intramural sports, etc. My son ended up in a frat without initially intending to rush. He went to a rush event with a friend and my son got along with the frat brothers, chose to rush for himself and he made it. Fraternities at Villanova are true brotherhoods (from what my son tells me), and offer connections long after graduation. My son’s already made friends with alumni that have offered him interviews after graduation for job placement. His frat does have parties, but it’s not like one HAS to go to them. Pros: fun events, tons of friends, cool initiation ceremonies (candlelit induction, etc.), alumni connections. Cons: frat dues every semester ($150ish), mandatory meetings (1 night a week, usually Sunday night).

Feel free to find me on the Villanova University Parents FB page. Happy to answer any questions you and your son may have.

Thank you so much! He is open to the fraternities. I can see the benefits for sure.

We are headed to Admitted Students Day this weekend. We cannot wait!

1 Like

Did you and your son have fun at Admitted Students Day?

Yes! It was a great event. Very well attended… crowded actually. The welcome reception & speakers gave great insight into what makes Villanova special. Fun to see all the student excitement, tour the South side dorms, etc. Talked with some current students. We also explored the surrounding area more this visit… Lots of places to eat & grab ice cream. Son left this visit feeling very excited and grateful for his admission!