Villanova University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Accepted!!!

1 Like

Has anyone who applied EA to Villanova heard yet?

Hi Bill- There is another Villanova EA thread open discussing.?Sounds like EA decisions will be released tonight Jan 20 at 7pm.

1 Like

congrats! for those accepted what are your stats?

I got into the business school! 1510 SAT, 3.96 uw / 4.76 w, decent ecs :))

1 Like

Deferred 4.39, 1530 :cry:
Especially surprising because many students from his HS graduating class were accepted ED with significantly lower scores and GPA

2 Likes

3.93 UW, test optional. Lots of service work and leadership positions

I got in Undeclared didn’t submit scores, 4.15 weighted 3.95 unweighted

Our son was accepted!
Engineering
12 AP’s (I think)
4.0 5.4 weighted
Solid activities and leadership
Decent essay

Congrats to everyone! If you did not get in or were deferred, keep your chin up. You will end up where you belong! Things will work out:)

2 Likes

Declined
OOS, 4.0, 34 act, 4 AP
Wish it was a deferral - but on to the next

3 Likes

Son deferred :relieved:
Engineering;

1 Like

DD Accepted from North Carolina
35 ACT
class rank 7 of 880ish
not sure uw GPA - 1 B sophomore yr but otherwise As
15 or so total AP/dual enrollment/IB
reasonable ECs but nothing extraordinary, although some of her service interests are very similar to some programs at Villanova, so that probably helped

Feels good to be accepted and I’m honestly floored at the stats of the students getting denied and deferred. So many high-achieving kids and I know it is frustrating to not get the answer you want. No doubt there will be many great options in the coming weeks. Best of luck to everyone.

4 Likes

Does anyone know where to see your financial aid offer? Edit. Never mind comes out april 1st

good for you!!!

Accepted!
OOS
Chemical Engineering
1500 SAT
4.0 UW
10 APs
Student Council President
SNHS President
Academic Decathlon

2 Likes

Son was deferred
1540 (perfect math score)
Business school
Out of state
Decent extracurriculars, leadership and service
Ton of APs…AP scholar w distinction

Anyone know the percentage of deferred students that get admitted?

1 Like

Sorry to hear he was deferred, but I don’t think you can compare EA results to ED. It is easier to get into Nova (any everywhere else) ED than EA. The ED kids have committed to Villanova. Not surprising at all that ED students with lower stats were accepted. The EA pool is really competitive. For schools that offer both ED and EA, the ED kids are favored.

5 Likes

did more people get deferred than denied?

1 Like

College admissions are truly unpredictable. I’m scrolling through the stats of people who got deferred/denied and you guys are all incredible, accomplished people. Be proud of yourself! Everything will work out in the end

6 Likes