Virginia Tech College of Engineering OOS

Currently a senior in high school (Cumulative weighted GPA 3.95, last semester it was a 4.17), 1400 sat score (680 English 720 Math), varsity tennis, junior varsity lacrosse, National Honor Society Member and student council representative (for my senior class). I took mostly honors courses my freshman and sophomore years and I took AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP Human Geography, and AP US history my junior year and AP Micro and Macroeconomics my sophomore year. I am currently taking Applied Calculus, AP English Literature, General Physics, and Aerospace Engineering. I do not have a ton of volunteer hours (maybe like 40-50) but I have been working quite a bit with my AP English Language teacher to polish up my personal statements for Tech. I live in Colorado Springs, CO and my high school is pretty competitive ( like top 30 in Colorado by U.S. News and World Report) and I am planning on applying Early Decision. Thanks guys!

Your stats look find, assuming you are taking the most rigorous math/science courses you can at your hs since VT factors that in. No one can say for sure but you don’t have anything in there that looks blatantly bad.

Do you need financial aid to attend as an OOS student?

My parents aren’t too worried about financial aid, although I am hoping to get into the Honors College so that I may receive some merit aid.