Virginia Tech Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Sorry - not sure how to interpret what you’re saying - how would it give your sons email address prior to actually logging into the portal? I just went into my DS portal and it looks exactly the same as it did.

1 Like

What’s the information technology page?

Do you see the email under principal name section? or under the email section?

Before logging into the portal there was a page that said we are going to share your information with some technology firm do you give us permission. You can either agree one time or always. The information listed included his name and a VT email address. He hasn’t logged into his portal since he confirmed that the SRAR and all documentation was received. If you logged in since application you probably already agreed to the sharing of information

There’s no mention of a VT email address on his portal. So either some sort of decision has been made or students are assigned a temporary VT email upon application. No way to tell which it is. I would think if it’s coming out today they would have made a social media announcement.

Yes we get it too. Try logging in on a different device where you don’t have a saved password. This, is I THINK is how you are prompted to this screen. Is it his name@vt.edu? or a series of numbers@vt.edu? Ours shows a series of numbers@vt.edu.

Ours shows a series of numbers@vt.edu, and it’s listed under the principal name section.

1 Like

Yes same. Under Principal name section.

1 Like

Just Numbers here too. Logged in from a new device to get to the screen.

1 Like

Numbers. Looks like a temporary email to me and with all of the people that have it seems something that is assigned upon application.

1 Like

Juan Espinoza has apparently always tweeted the day before decisions are released so I wouldn’t think today but that would be a nice surprise!

4 Likes

Son just logged in. Before, nothing was in that section on email, today logged on and there is an email associated but it’s a numbers email @vtu email address. Not trying to read into anything, but…still sending nothing but positive vibes to all

2 Likes

Admissions session with Exree a couple of weeks ago he said “decisions always come out on Fridays and look at IG as we’ll announce there an hour before they drop”.

Then again, he did suggest the date would be LAST Friday.

2 Likes

Does everyone have the numbers email now? I am guessing it is a number assigned to each application and probably doesn’t mean anything since it is on everyone’s account.

Yes we have it and my son applied RD. I’m guessing it was always there and we just didn’t notice.

4 Likes

Can the numbers email be used to log in to anything?

2 Likes

I suppose we could send an email to that address and see what happens! :rofl:. But I might get flagged as “that” parent!!

1 Like

just fyi - S23 set up his VT email after acceptance and he picked his username, not sure how it relates to the EA round but I suspect this will not be their actual VT email

Lol :joy:

2 Likes

I do not see any numbers or an email. Where would I find this?

It only pops up on a device you haven’t used before/have a saved password. I was able to see it using an incognito/private browser tab.