Virginia tech or Penn State

<p>How are Virginia tech's programs besides engineering in relation to Penn States. Which school has an edge there? Whos programs are more established?</p>

<p>Too broad of a question, laxdude. It depends on what you might be interested in. Both are well respected.</p>

<p>Both are really good schools. I personally stayed away from Penn State because of how much of a party school it has become. I know all schools have their fair share, but Penn State’s partying keeps getting worse. I’m a PA resident, so it would have been cheaper, but from my many visits to Tech and sit-ins on classes I fell in love with the atmosphere. The campus too, though large, felt very connected and very welcoming. I’ve been to Penn State too, and personally I thought it was too big and it didn’t have that connected feel that Tech did. There are a lot of different aspects that go into making this decision, and they will all depend on personal preferences.</p>

<p>In terms of programs, both schools are well respected and most (not all) programs could be compared. I would though look into the rankings per school for your specific program of study if that is your only concern. </p>

<p>Good Luck! :)</p>