Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@hokiealumni @msvirginia my scholarship application says the same thing with “needs attention” and advisor but for the education major but I’m a business applicant what can this mean?

@tonypa @msvirginia What are your children’s requested major?

@hokiealumni business

@hokiealumni engineering

@Kpanther I’m not sure but I heard the College of Engineering also sent something out in the last couple of days.

@msvirginia @Kpanther I opened mine up and got the Education one, I applied as a business major, for what it’s worth.

My daughter has it as well and applied to University Studies.

Ok - I just talked to a very gracious admissions team member at VT. She said that admissions decisions have not been finalized and that the “needs attention” icons that are surfacing do not reflect admissions decisions. I shared with her that some of us are seeing EDU application icons even though our students didn’t apply to EDU…she and I both think it’s the sign of a tech glitch. She is in the process of contacting VT’s IT team and Financial Aid team.

@msvirginia Very interesting. I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens. March 5 can’t come soon enough!

@msvirginia @Kpanther @Virginia1129 Sounds positive for business majors I think!! At least we can all hope so, week from next Monday we will finally know, best of luck to everyone, Go Hokies!!

So as I’ve been reading through y’alls posts, I’ve seen major choices as either undecided or a lot of engineering and architecture. Did anyone else apply for Neuroscience or is it just not a popular major? And if so would I have a better chance at getting in bc of less applicants?

I applied as Neuro, @Eas419 . It is difficult to say what major is easier to get into in than another. It’s dependent upon the pool in that year, and at this point, we don’t know. We can for sure say it is easier to get into than engineering, just because Engineering is so much more competitive and VT is a tech school.

Outside of that, all we can hope is that our scores, GPA’s and extracurriculars tick. Best of luck to y’all.

Thirteen pages and we’re still 11 days away from notification. Uuugh!

should we be nervous if we don’t have this in our child’s application? Or do we just wait and see for another 10 days my son major is computer studies

I’m a parent of a current sophomore. Went through all of this 2 years ago. Please don’t let any of the quirky little things that pop up on VT’s website and on you portals get you nervous or make you crazy. VT recently tweeted and posted on some of their FB pages that they were moving all of their scholarship information and applications to one area of the website and away from the individal colleges. This may be what you are all seeing popping up. Hang in there! The last few days of waiting are always the hardest. Wishing a all of you the best! My S loves VT and as a parent I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the university. Good luck to all!

Extremely happy parent of an extremely happy VT freshman here.

Agree with @SALSRL 100%

Good luck to all!

I’m an international applicant. I have not received any notifications. :confused:

If they haven’t said NO, then you still have a chance. Hang in there!

@Eas419 Possibly. However, they extended the application deadline. I wonder if students who met the original December 1st deadline will possibly be given an advantage?

@daylightskies I doubt there is any advantage to when someone applied. They will look at everyone, equally, that met the final deadline based on the submitted application.