Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@confused6789 I haven’t either but have talked with the admission office a few times

My friend got email today, accepted to environmental science.

Is your friend an international student?

@msvirginia yes he is an international student

Did all internationals receive their decisions today?

Mine hasn’t come out yet, I am international too

That makes me feel much better. Some parts of my application are currently being reviewed by a committee so I wondered whether that was what delayed my decision. Thanks for the response!

I am sure it isn’t a case of prioritising international applicants. It is just with any process I suppose you need to break releases into some chunks and VT has relatively few international students. I assume they have a quota they are looking for and allocating that is fairly easy.

My son received a request for verification of FAFSA information. It said that it didn’t mean he was accepted but why would they bother with that if they weren’t going to? Any ideas?

FAFSA verification is a random selection. They are required to audit something like 30% of the incoming data and may randomly select ahead of getting the acceptances. It’s no extra effort on their part if you aren’t eventually admitted as they’ll just toss the extra info out.

Have all international students received admission decision?

Merapi42A, nope. Not yet.

Has any out of state students heard anything yet? or is it just March 5th

Based on previous years, thought first round of acceptances would be out this week with the second round in Mid March.

My son is OOS and I believe all freshman will hear March 5 this year.

They are giving out admissions already. My son got into the college of engineering last week.

@Marky2819 international applicant?

@Marky2819 is he international or out of state?

Is your son an international student or an out of state student? just wondering @marky2819

Yes he is an international applicant.