Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2014

<p>My hokie bird vanished once my transfer credit evaluation was complete but I have also already been offered admission. Not sure if its a good sign or not but they do disappear at some point.</p>

<p>Does it mean anything when a link for honors application shows up or do they put that up for anyone with high enough grades?</p>

<p>How many engineering transfer students from another 4 year college have gotten an acceptance or a hokie bird on their application??</p>

<p>Has anyone else NOT gotten a hokie bird or acceptance yet? My transcripts were received about a month ago too</p>

<p>Same…my app was in 22 jan, hs transcript 28 or 31st jan, and college transcript 28 Feb. @ag1994 anyone else who hasn’t gotten the hokie bird?</p>

<p>I got the University Honors app link on my page…but when i click it it says the freshmen deadline has passed. So can I still apply since I’m a transfer student if I contact admissions?</p>

<p>IAS117, I called them and they said to click on the honors website link, print out the pdf application form and send that along with a curriculum vitae, personal statement and transcript within the next few weeks.</p>

<p>@mchck9 @IAS117 is the honors app link for the people who already got accepted to Virginia tech? regardless what is your gpa/stats. Because I would be interested in the honor app.</p>

<p>Bilaldgenius,I haven’t gotten an acceptance yet. I was hoping that the link might mean something good but I don’t know for sure.</p>

<p>Ok if freshman RDs come out tomorrow when do the transfer decisions get released? Is it really not until May?</p>

<p>@mchck9 When I talked to them they said after freshman RDs come out the counselors will have more time to look at transfers. And since transfers are rolling admissions they are going to continue giving out decisions until a few days before May 1st.</p>

<p>Got the HOKIE BIRD TODAY!!! but when i click it it says nothing is available at this time…still glad i got the hokie bird…</p>

<p>Congrats IAS117! When did you send in your application?</p>

<p>Do you guys think I have a chance? Please check my topic:
<a href=“Do I have a chance? - Virginia Tech - College Confidential Forums”>Do I have a chance? - Virginia Tech - College Confidential Forums;

<p>How much does VT care about coursework for transfers? I have a 3.74 but only recently chose my major, so I have a bunch of random gen-ed courses and I’m not too far into my major. Also a decent amount of my courses from my current college that I’ve taken don’t transfer over - are my chances of being accepted seriously hindered because of this?</p>

<p>@ag1994: Hey, they usually look for strong prerequisites and completion of general courses. Freshman english, math and science courses are most important. Where are you transferring from and what’s your major? I did not have any inmajor courses when I transferred last year. All I had was english, science, math and all other general courses. </p>

<p>@blacksburg Hey, I have the same problem. I am currently completing my second semester at VCU with a 3.83 so far. And I have all the minimum requirements such as the two math courses, the english courses, and one science with lab. What would you think my chances are because I am really starting to freak out.</p>

<p>@blacksburg psychology major transferring from CNU. I have 2 sciences lectures and 1 science lab, 2 general English courses (freshman and sophomore, required here), and 3 math courses. And many other courses outside of those subjects. Unfortunately, one of my math and one of my science lectures won’t transfer over, according to the course equivalency chart</p>

<p>Has anyone received any financial awards? I did but I’m also just wondering if anyone can access the shopping sheet?</p>

<p>HopefulWaiting, my Financial Award Letter showed up on the portal on Friday and no, I cannot access the shopping sheet. Does anyone know if Parent PlusLoan amount is suppose to show up in the table? Unlike information I have received from other colleges, there is no amount listed in the table. </p>