Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2016

I didn’t change my major but I did change something on my application and I got a confirmation email the following day about it.

Mhmm that’s interesting. I sent an email about changing my on Monday and still haven’t heard anything. But thanks @Justspeed27

I would call and verify if they received it.

Man, when are they gonna post the rest of the decisions haha. I’ve been waiting sooo long!

not to be a debbie downer, but I wouldnt expect to hear anything until the last days of april. Last year I applied with a 3.2 and like no math or science and I didnt get in, didnt know my decision until the 29th of April.

@prospectivehokie was that gpa calculated with midsemester grades?

my school does not have midsemester grades, but i did send in an updated transcript after jterm (we take one class in january) and I had a 3.4. so that was changed on my application or record i guess, but i still didnt find out until the end of april.

@hopefullyhokie what is your gpa now?

I have a 3.4 with midsemester grades, 3.0 without. But, I do have a lot of other factors going into the decision process.

@hopefullyhokie did they ask for your midsemester grades or did you just send them in? last semester i had a 3.0 and my grades are better this semester, not sure if i should send them in if they didnt ask for them

They asked for me to send them in

I am going stir crazy, I check this page and my guest account every 5 hours. Hopefully, they tell us sooner than April 29th because I cannot take it anymore. Is VT everyone’s first choice, it’s mine? Also how many other colleges have you guys applied to? I’ve applied to 9 others and I’ve only heard back from 1 (Old Dominion University).

VT was/is definitely my first choice, and the only college/university I applied to. I went into it very confident because I only have one B after a year and a half. I was in contact with two Engineering advisers and they both seemed positive in saying I should get in with the classes that I had taken and my GPA. However, my said confidence is diminishing with each day that passes without word.

Hello, I am currently considering transferring to VT next year. I will be a sophomore and I was curious if anyone had any insight on how socially challenging this is (especially from those who have experienced this). Do most sophomores live off campus and if not are there specifically sophomore dorms? Anything helps, I just don’t want to get there and find that I am unable to easily meet other sophomores. Thanks!

@dazedandc0nfused Even if you managed to get on campus housing, there are no sophomore dorms. A good number of students live off campus starting their sophomore year, many people I knew lived in the same apartment for all 3 years. Transfer students rarely have received on campus housing, less than 3000ish sophomores, juniors, and seniors will get on campus housing, so most people end up off campus.

The easiest way to meet other people who will probably be sophomores is through classes (but there will be other people in different classes or people who are part of your graduating class that are older/younger than you). Another way to just meet people is joining a club.

Called the office and they said all the rest of the decisions will be released April 29th!

Hopefully, that’s not a bad sign.

@HHSHawk I received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago.
@awith003 Yeah! Contact your intended major dean. Also, talk to the TRANSFER admissions director

When will we hear if we still have not heard yet?

@owenp33 April 29th.