Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

I guess I don’t have a chance of getting in then, if it is that competitive. Not sure what to do now, since it is the only school I applied to. I feel like I’m screwed now.

@todayIsAnewDay https://registrar.vt.edu/graduation-multi-brief/undergraduate-majors–brief/restricted-majors.html
I don’t see it in this list, where did you see that information?

@gentlebreeze You said you didn’t apply anywhere else, but there’s still time. VCU transfer deadline is 15 March. ODU Early Action transfer deadline is 15 Mar, with a regular transfer deadline of 1 Aug. George Mason transfer deadline has passed, but you could possibly still get in (space available) if you get your app and transcripts in ASAP.

also forgot Mary Washington is 1 April.

I thought the deadline for vcu was April 1st

I had all the dates on an older spreadsheet so i just checked again.

https://www.vcu.edu/admissions/apply/transfer/

The college of science was listed as the last one, but i guess it only applies to biological sciences @gentlebreeze so you might still have a shot; i do agree though, you should apply to other schools if your heart is set on transferring this year, but you can always do guaranteed admission (with that, youd have to bring your gpa up and re-do those three classes though)

@hdc2701 If you applied for Fall 2018 then you can only take classes starting that semester. Tech has an option to apply for summer as well. The summer application dates are passed now however.

Officially halfway through all my classes for the semester. Need to grind for another month and half now until decisions come out.

Anyone know any specific dates? I saw someone say March 27 and April 29th, are these for sure?

@Cwholla1 I think those dates based on last year timeline, And someone else said that the admission office told him the first wave will be late march, so hopefully it’s true, May is waaaay far !!

Ok so in regards to the decision dates, I just found out something. So when I went under my Virginia Tech application it said all the way at the bottom that Honors college decisions will be out on March 15. I forget whether I submitted my app to the honors college so I’m not sure if I will be getting a decision a few days from now. But for the people in this thread that also submitted their app to the honors college, they might get a decision on March 15. I’m hoping they’ll squeeze a few normal decision on that date as well lol, but we’ll see.

And yes the other guaranteed dates are March 29th (Thursday) and April 27 (Friday). UVA will also give their decision on the last Friday of April (the 27th) so if I don’t get any decision on the first wave, then I’ll probably get it on the same day UVA typically gives out their decisions or worst case May 1st.

@CTUR782 Isn’t it true that if you have over a certain GPA you will automatically be considered for the honors college?

There is no separate application for honors college for transfers. When you apply you automatically get considered if you have >3.6. The honors college notification for RD Freshman is 15 Mar, I don’t think that applies to transfers(?)

http://www.honorscollege.vt.edu/admissions.html

@ihopeigetintoVT Yeah I feel like thats just for the incoming freshman and not transfer students.

Yah nvm then. I don’t know why it was showing that under my application. Was just trying to be a little optimistic about the decision dates. A little over two weeks until the first wave however. We’re getting closer and closer now.

@CTUR782 ugh I know. I wanna find out now!!!

It said I was considered for honors college also. What is the point of honors college anyways? Is that a good thing I’m being considered for it?

@uvact123 I’d say it would be good for honor college merit scholarships or priority registration. Outside of that, not sure. It’s definitely not a bad thing you’re being considered and is a positive sign anyway.