Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

One question. I’ve completed about 17 credits last semester at my CC with a 4.0 GPA in all transferable classes. I’m taking about 18 more and they end in about two weeks and I really want VT to see my spring grades as well. Will they consider it if I send them soon or do you think they’ll give me a decision before then?

@uvact123 I would send them. If the grades are good it can’t hurt, only help. If they don’t use them in the decision, at least you tried.

Your application is automatically sent to honors college if you have a 3.6 GPA or higher. So receiving an email about being considered for honors college doesn’t mean anything.

Everyone should have gotten an email about their app being sent to the Honors College upon submission of the common app.

Nah it’s 3.6 GPAs and up

I was just curious if that was good news or not

@uvact123 i got sent that too, I really think its just a standard automatic appplication

@uvact123 although my gpa is also above 3.6 so idk

I mean I got an email the day I submitted my app, before the transcripts were out so my contention is that it is meaningless. However you are correct about the 3.6 gpa

Looking at the other thread, a few freshmen have already been notified over honors college; maybe march 15th will be for transfers too?

@todayIsAnewDay I don’t think so, march 15th well be the last date for freshman to be notified, It doesn’t make any sense to notify you with honor college invitation and they haven’t released their regular transfer decision yet !

I don’t think they’ll give the honors college decision for transfers on March 15th, because wouldn’t normal protocol be to give the general acceptance and then give the honor school decision? It specified that for Freshman who applied, they would be getting the regular decision on that date for the honors school. I’d assume that we would get it on either the first wave or second wave as stated (March 29th, and April 27th). Although I’m quite hopeful like the rest of you to get it earlier. :slight_smile:

We really need a confirmation from the admission office that there are two waves coming, in march and april, because till know, the website stating the decision date is May 1st :frowning:

There has been a first wave for a loooong time. We don’t need a confirmation for a wave with a long history that is surely to arrive by late March.

I know for sure that there are two general waves (end of March and end of April) however I’m hoping for more waves instead of just 2 that are known. Best case scenario would be if we heard something towards the end of next week regarding decisions and/or throughout April we keep getting decisions every week or so, opposed to just waiting for two specific waves.

Do generally most second year students get accepted to Tech, since they don’t really have anything else to do after 2 years at a community college? I’ve heard as long as they completed their associate’s degree, they are good to go in getting accepted at a 4-year university.

From what I’ve heard, it’s the first-year students that are really competing to see if they can get in with the limited number of credits they have when applying that early.

@gentlebreeze for transferring after 2 years usually it isn’t that difficult to get in assuming you have a decent gpa (from what I’ve seen, around a 3.5 for getting in for VT) and agreeing with the terms for the guaranteed admissions which means having the minimum gpa required, not getting anything lower than a B or a C, I’m not exactly sure. Usually Applicants who have completed an associates do a have preference in the application process, so if you’ve done everything with good grades regarding your associates, you’re golden. As far as first years go, they look into more of what classes you have taken and the grades you got in them versus how many credit you’ve taken altogether and they usually want B’s or better in all of them, so basically for first years it means get as many A’s as you can. As well as making sure the classes you take are the core classes that VT requires.

I can confirm that’s fake news. I applied last year (didn’t get in) and was not reviewed by honors college. This year I applied and am being reviewed by honors college. I have a 3.4.

@lol235738 who are you replying too