Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

anybody know where to submit mid term progress reports? Im a first year student so I feel like if they are able to see how I am doing this semester it will better my chances.

Just to be clear, we are not getting a decision tomorrow because that applies to Freshman only. We’ll probably get the honor school decision the same day or a few days later after the general decision. I’m more focused on when the general decision is going to be given other than the two waves that are guaranteed. I know in March, there will most likely be only one wave which is the one at the end of the month, however I’m hoping that in April we get a wave every week up till the end of the month. Worst case of course would be May 1st but my hunch is that we’ll keep getting decisions in April consistently. At least I hope so.

How competitive is it to get into the Public Relations major? I want to go to VT so bad, but I was bullied really badly by my roommate last semester and it slightly effected me in the classroom. I only have a 3.0, I think my essays were good, can anyone give me a little insight?

@lol235738 What is fake news?

@TK2011 I think they were talking about needing a 3.6 for honors college, which is on the VT honors college website.

Yea, that’s not fake news.

On the website they just added “ The last date for transfer students to submit their transcripts is April 1st”
If we getting the first wave in March, then it will be for those who already sent every thing required

I think

So I was talking to the admission office, and the lady said they are trying their best to send notifications in two batches again this year, one at the end of March and the other at the end of April
So yeah hope for the best !!

Yah I applied and sent in everything towards the end of December last year/first week of January. Hopeful that I get a decision in the first wave. 2 weeks exactly left until the first wave.

I applied and sent everything in November, so yeah hopefully we will be in the first wave :slight_smile:

should I send in my mid terms if it is at a 3.3 QPA? would it help? my fall semester was a 3.5

Submitted mine a week before the deadline. You guys think I have a chance for first wave? -K

Is the general consensus on midterm grades that you should only send them if they help you? Would VT think its weird if you send midterm grades when they dont even ask for them even if your midterm grades are good?

@acceptancewoohoo Thats what Im wondering. I think if they want them they will ask us for them.

If your grades are good and will help, send them. It doesn’t matter if they asked you or not, those grades will help you for the admissions process.

Recently chatted with an admissions rep before an information session on campus. Seems unfair, but he said that when you submitted your application has no bearing on whether you are in the first wave or second. They don’t review in any particular order.

Hmm, I see. By any chance did they say anything about more waves other than the two major ones? @jmek15

Does SIS mention your transcript being received for anyone? Has not been received yet and I sent it last month

No, @CTUR782, that rep did not talk about other release dates, other than mentioning that they had just gotten the freshman decisions out and were now turning their attention to the transfer apps. The info session rep mentioned that they have a new director, so anything could happen. We just have to be patient and keep hoping for the best outcome.

So, I visited VT this past weekend for a campus tour and information session. The guy who did the info session told us that doesn’t matter if a transfer student has a 4.0 if they don’t have the prerequisite classes they would not accept them. That’s kind of disappointing.