Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

a majority of my friends that have transferred to tech from 4-years that have applied for the big programs have always heard back in the second wave. i was also told this by Jane Todd (head of transfer initiatives.) the reason for the later date is due to the influx of applications to those certain schools, so of course it takes longer to review.

hope this helps!

Yes it does, thanks.

@“racheljgordon1234@gmail.com@Cwholla1 @bcen200 ahh okay that makes a lot more sense! I was freaking out because of it, thanks so much!

Also thanks so much for the information. I’m also planning on taking summer classes, but don’t know which ones since it’s gonna depend on whether or not I get in, I was hoping to maybe find out earlier since April 27 is kind of late (I applied to pamplin)

Yeah I hope its before April 27th that sucks its only a couple days earlier than the original May 1st.

The end of March, and end of April release dates is similar to last year.

You guys, Today I received an email from Jane Todd, They asked me for my Green card to finalize my in-state review for tuition, do you see any hint of acceptance?
I’ve started to get nervous /:

@TarekHA international students seem to be handled separately and on a different timeline in some instances, so maybe you’ll know soon!

I hope so, I’m okay with it being released in March or April, But May that’s so far a way, I’m still scared because it’s the only school I applied for, wasted one year here I don’t want to waste another one now :frowning:

Tho I have a strong recommendation, wrote all essays and leaded two different groups in multiple researches, 3 Jobs and more than 100 hours volunteering

So basically there are only two waves which is the end of March and April? Damnit, I was hoping for it to be consist
throughout mid March all the way through April and that by May 1st everyone would already know their decision. So it’s pointless to expect an email or whatever until the last weeks of March and April if I’m correct? I also talked to a Tech representative last fall during a college fair and they said they wouldn’t weigh high school in the decision which is a life saver for me because my high school grades are nowhere near a reflection of my college ones lol.

@CTUR782 unfortunately correct :confused:

Hey guys anyone trying to get into the PR program? If so how compensative do you think it will be? Good Luck guys!

On previous threads it seemed like decisions came out earlier and in multiple waves not just 2. What do you think is different this year?

It could be different from previous years, since they extended the application deadline so it would make sense to give out the decisions later. I submitted my app on the first week of January. Originally the deadline was on Feb 15, but they extended it this year. My assumption is that the first wave will at the end of March as stated, but there will be multiple waves throughout April as well. It would honestly suck if there were only two waves until we reach May 1st.

@acceptancewoohoo From the posts from last year it looks like they had a decision date at the end of March and April. All the earlier acceptances were from priority review and instant decision day (didn’t do either this year). From 2016 they had the two dates like 2017 but also a release in early March. With the later deadline this year we shouldn’t expect an earlier release. I applied and sent my transcript in late December after the end of Fall ‘17 semester, so I’ve been waiting a while!

Hey everyone, I would like some insight on whether you think I have a chance. Im applying for Engineering, and want to pursue Chemical Engineering. I have a 3.65 GPA and am in my second year. I have completed calc 1,2,3, linear algebra and am currently taking differential equations, physics 2, and organic chemistry 2 with lab. I have completed chem 1, 2 and orgo 1 with its lab. I have completed english 1, 2, my two required social sciences and currently taking my second required humanities class. I have gotten all A’s and about 1 B each semester so thats why my GPA is a 3.65. I currently also have all A’s and 1 B in my current semester too. What do you think my chances are? With the classes I have taken, they are all the classes that they want as the recommended or prerequisite classes. Also, do you know of any others that are applying/have applied to engineering that have gotten in? Thank you if youre reading

@todayIsAnewDay It’s really tough to give a chance this year after seeing quite a few kids with great stats get waitlisted during RD. But you seem like a strong candidate to me. Good Luck.

Three more weeks until (the reported) first group of transfer decisions!

Also taking into consideration the competitive GPA for Engineering, it’s lower than other majors because of the classes so i really hope a 3.65 is okay

For some reason my past message didnt put this part of my message;
I had said
"What are you applying for @ihopeigetintoVT "