VT says they don't have my application?

So I sent in my application via Coalition on October 25th to meet the Dec. 1st deadline for EA and I had sent my SAT scores even before that. I got an email about a week and a half ago saying that they have received my test scores but not my application. On my Coalition account it says my application has been received and is under review. They even sent me a confirmation email with a portal login and everything seems to be in order there as well. I emailed my admission counselor a week ago and they have not responded. Should I call the admissions office? Just not really sure what to do at this point.

Call admissions, today. Screen shot the correspondence from VT and Coalition and have it handy when you are on the phone with admissions.

In addition to the above, talk to your HS GC…it may make sense for them to call as well.

Good luck.

Virginia Tech has its own application requirements in addition to what is offered through the Coalition process. Did you complete the “Ut Prosim” essays? If not, then your Virginia Tech profile is not complete (even though the Coalition web site indicates otherwise).

The only way to know for certain is to check your guest account (which can be accessed at https://vt.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/status.html). If you haven’t set up a guest account, that’s another indication that you have not completed the VT-specific portion of the application process. But be advised – the system itself is not particularly intuitive (and that is true even beyond the point at which applicants are offered admission).

If you’re still wondering, your best bet is to actually contact someone at the Virginia Tech admissions office to inquire about specific steps that need to be taken.

Good luck!

(Hoping that original poster’s question has been answered by this time, but sharing this with the notion that others may find it helpful.)

My son received an email that said they didn’t receive his test scores on the Coalition app but we see the scores when we look at what was submitted. Plus it says in his VT portal they received his self reported coursework which also has his scores. We can’t figure out what’s going on.

I would call them today, but I’m pretty sure if it’s reported on Coalition, they should have it. @TexasAggie99

Snafus are always possible. Why delay calling? It’s crunch time and who knows who’s opening emails?

@TexasAggie99 Did the email come from VT or from College Coalition? Screenshot what you’re seeing so you can send it while on the phone live with admissions.

Aren’t test scores sent directly by SAT or the guidance dept.?

Scores are self reported arent they?

He emailed back as soon as he got the email yesterday. He got a response today that said they have his scores and that email was sent to him by mistake. All is good now.