Wait list advice (bunch of questions)

I applied through EOP for Harpur (psychology). Unfortunately I got wait listed.

I was wondering if emailing/calling and offering to pay my deposit asap/ declining financial aid / change in school would help my chances in getting off the wait list. Also, could anyone currently attending Binghamton who was wait listed give any advice? Binghamton is my dream school, and this wait list is stressing me out!

Thank you.

According to the CDS, 2,585 students enrolled last year. Binghamton extended offers to 12, 134 students. 9549 declined that offer. 9549 students decided not to attend Binghamton. They gave offers to more than 3 times the number of students they had slots for in and had to go to the Waitlist. They say they only took 218 from the wait list. Binghamton seems to use creative speak so you never know what the numbers mean, especially if you are looking for accuracy. As a good example, the rules call for including all scores in their CDS figures. Binghamton doesn’t seem to worry about rules. They don’t appear to count scores from Advantage Program students, EOP students or from foreign students since a good number do submit their scores even though not required. Why let accuracy impede PR? The 218 number could just be the wait list people they accepted after a certain date who applied before a certain date. The low yield should give hope to the Wait list students.