Waitlist Discussion - Fall 2019 Virginia Tech

what does the email say?

that nobody will be accepted off the waitlist

@hunchojack

Congrats to everyone who made it in! Sadly the “odd year trend” continues.

What was your major applied for genesmasher?

@cbl1 My son applied and was waitlisted as a CoE applicant (Civil E). He did manage to change his major to BC (in CAUS) but obviously that had no effect in the end. Fortunately, he is already happily committed to Colorado State. They have a great program in his major, arguably as good as VT’s, so no regrets here :smile:

Best of luck to your son at Colorodo State and everyone else who had a disappointing day

Bad news for me. Guess I’ll just have to make the most of my time at GMU.

do you think the business school will take kids off the waitlist?

is this a sign they will take a lot of the waitlist this year

Yeah I feel like they might take a few areas off, like I’m majoring in human development and that’s not a v popular major… I still kinda have hope.

Hey everyone,
Sorry to hear the news about the waitlist for the College of Engineering and Science. If you guys do decide you would like to transfer to VT next year, which I am doing this year, it’s usually much easier to do after one to two years. Let me know if you have any questions.

@JJertyulpqiou3p It is actually a sign that very few are getting off waitlist this year. Not sure what sign referring to that they will be

@JJertyulpqiou3p I applied as business undecided, and I unfortunately received the same email stating that they wouldn’t be taking people off the waitlist.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/virginia-tech/2141529-note-from-the-director-regarding-the-fall-2019-freshman-waiting-list.html#latest

Wow. Looks like the freshman class is complete. They must have had a high rate of acceptance on offers. With my son coming in as freshman sounds like it’s going to be a big class.

Did your guys waitlist decision get removed from the portal?

I checked my son’s guest portal (he was accepted) - - and the portal no longer shows acceptance information. It now looks like it did prior to decisions going out with just showing the application status and major applied to. Looks like they have cleared out all decision info now that decision day has passed (and waitlist closed).

Do you think there’s still a chance that if someone decides they don’t wanna go that they’ll pick some one from waitlist!

@Sadboivt_wlist no. They wouldnt have sent out that email unless they were sure that they wouldn’t be taking anyone.

There is always the odd chance that a department sees some openings because some students withdrawl their deposit and decides to fill the spot … but I have the feeling though that they got pretty good numbers in the class and housing may be a concern where some majors are overfilled and some majors may not have all slots filled (would bode well for those wanting to transfer in sophomore year).