Waitlist on Housing

<p>This is really strange, I never expected that they would go to the waitlist this early. Is there any chance I can get into an honors dorm, or rather, even a dorm?</p>

<p>There's probably no way you will get into an honors dorm this late in the game. You might at least be able to get a dorm considering there will probably end up being cancellations over the summer.</p>

<p>Hmm. Taking the worst case scenario, if I don't happen to get into a dorm, what are my options for off-campus living? Are there any places close enough so I don't have to drive? </p>

<p>And considering the wait-list, do you think it might be worth a try to flaunt the merit-based scholarship they gave me and perhaps have a conversation with an admission counselor that leads them to believe I won't attend unless I live on-campus all in order to move up the wait-list? The only reason I'm asking this is because a lot of my friends have been waiving around their Flynn Finalist and National Merit to get what they want -- I'm wondering if I can do the same with slightly less.</p>

<p>Im pretty sure you will get off the waitlist, but if you don't, it's not the end of the world. There are many apartments around the UA within easy walking distance. I know that Campus Crossings (or University House, they changed their name recently i think...) on 8th street is very close to campus and also has a surprisingly good community.</p>