Waitlisted at UCLA? What do I do now?

Well UC apps are rolling in, and I’ve done pretty well.
I’ve been accepted for Mechanical Engineering for UCM, UCD, UCSD, UCI, UCSC but yesterday I was waitlisted at UCLA (one of my top schools) for a Business Eco Major. I chose C&S for UCB and UCLA because I surfed this site so much and I got very low self-confidence to get into these two college’s engineering schools so I opted for something in L&S. I really did want to get into engineering there tho. Now I feel absolutely feel horrible being waitlisted while the rest of my closer classmates “the smart folks” got in. Im happy for them but I feel distraught for myself.

Now about the waitlist, do they offer you the same majors you applied for or no?

Now looking back I would have rather been flat out rejected by UCLA & UCB for engineering… While UCB and Stanford decisions are still to come, this waitlist has affected me quite a bit. I encourage you incoming seniors to apply without a care in the world for what you want, because what Im feeling of regret I have right now is more horrible than rejection.