WAITLISTED FOR CS WITH 1410 SAT Score . International ..Can I change my major from CS to CE ?

Looks like CS is very Competitve this year , I got Waitlisted with a 1410 SAT for CS , but my peeps in high school got into Engineering with like 1300’s SAT . I guess pretty qualified ppl for CS. Can I request to change my major to maybe CE ie. College of Engineering or is it too late ?
I have amazing EC’s and I believe my essys were good too.

CS in in Letters & Science, which is much less competitive than CoE. No one is admitted to the CS major until they complete at least one CS course with a grade of C or better at UW Madison.

But I see 3 ppl from my school got in COE with much lower stats … why so ? and I see many ppl waitlisted for CS . @oboemom65

Students are admitted to the university as a whole. Changing your major choice will not change your acceptance. Some students will not get accepted to a specific major but will get accepted to UW. This means no trying to game the system by choosing one major over another.

Did you read these 3 peoples’ applications, know what their ECs are, how many students applied for the specific major they applied to in COE? Do you know the criteria that COE set for evaluating potential COE majors? Which COE major did they apply to? Do you know how the university was looking to balance their incoming class (majors, gender, geography, social economic status etc.)? Seeing someone’s stats tells you only a small piece of what their application looked like.

You can by all means contact the admissions office to find out if changing your intended major would change our admissions decision, but be prepared for their answer.

As above- intended major did NOT influence acceptance to UW. Thank goodness UW does not have students trying to game the system with their choice of major!