Wake Forest Class of 2027 Official Thread

Unfortunately, very very few get merit awards at Wake, less than 3% of enrolled freshman. I believe the vast majority are already announced, maybe all. If you applied for financial aid, there are need-based awards that sometimes have different names etc, and that should be listed wherever financial aid is itemized(if that is released yet).

1 Like

For financial aid applicants:

For students who have completed all financial aid application requirements, financial aid notifications will be released by Monday, March 27. Incomplete financial aid application requirements may be viewed through the WFU Admissions Application Portal.

It isn’t so great for a white female either. And actually if you read any articles, they say it’s harder for women at this point because there are more women in colleges than men. Some colleges are seeking men. It definitely depends on the school that you’re going to. For example, women in engineering is a lot better than women doing business.

2 Likes

When she makes her decision, it will open spots for others. The application process has become horrid. Kids don’t need to apply to this many schools and it’s just causing chaos downstream. Shortly it’ll be September 1 before kids know where they’re going to college.

2 Likes

Any waitlist people get the webinar email?

yes

yes, what do you think

1 Like

Anyone know wake’s acceptance rate this year? 22%?

I believe they are expecting under 15, it was 20 last year.

WF is suspected in some quarters of practicing yield protection.

1 Like

Any recommendations on appealing aid offer?

2 Likes

did you receive your merit aid offer or financial aid? I only received financial aid and was wondering if merit has already been released??

1 Like

We just sent in FA appeal to Villanova as package and grant amount came in significantly less than Net Price Calculation or what other similar schools offered. Far off from our EFC.

General tone in letter was thankful for initial offer but looking to reevaluate. I provided output if NPC with same family income details and attached more generous off from other liberal arts school. Also made sure they were aware we had twins in 10th grade and factor into our selection for our graduating senior and final college selection.

We also highlighted her desire to attend and emphasized her fit for school and major relating back to themes of “Why this college” supplemental essay.

Appeal was received, confirmation email said they would reply back with update by 4/28 to use by 5/1 decision date.

Daughter was waitlisted at Wake Forest so waiting to hear more about that process. Not much waitlist % Stats out there for WF!

No merit. Just FA which was a negligible amount.

I think Wake may only give merit via the named scholarships which have to be specifically applied for, and have been awarded for the class of 2027. Might be worth a phone call to clarify.

1 Like

I remember getting an email saying you had to apply by Nov 15 or something to be considered for merit; could still apply RD but app had to be in early.

1 Like

Has anyone heard back from the waitlist yet?

It should be after May 1 when they start looking at the waitlist. They have to know how many accept first.

1 Like

Maybe, because in the past they HAVE accepted students prior to May 1st. A lot of schools also accept students off the waitlist before May 1st even when they say after that date.

2 Likes

Correct. My daughter has gotten off two other waitlists this week. Was hoping wake forest might as well

1 Like