Want to be a Nurse Practitioner need help

<p>Hey guys Im really torn about what I should do later on in my life. I mean, I just got accepted to Purdue Calumet recently as a undergraduate, and I had a lot of questions going around in my mind. So, I want to be a nurse practitioner, but I was reading that if you go into nursing, then you cant really go to pre-med. Do you have to take pre-med to be a nurse practitioner? Also, would Indiana University (Bloomington) be better to study at or is Purdue (W. Lafayette) better? Im really confused on to what I should do, and I really need some help deciding. Also, if i were to go to IUb, is there a chance I can transfter from PUC within a year with a high GPA?</p>

<p>You don’t need to take “pre-med” to be a NP. First you get your BSN/RN and then you go to graduate school for the type of NP that you want to be. Good luck.</p>

<p>My cousin got his BSN at Purdue, worked for a few years in Chicago, and he’s now taking classes for his NP at Rush. So get your BSN first and Purdue-WL has a pretty competitive nursing program from what I hear.</p>

<p>Rush has a terrific program. We have family there, one in DNP still. Buon Fortunato.</p>