WashU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

WashU was on my list but it was on the bottom tier. I did not visit this CC group until 4 days ago. Now WashU is at the top of my list.

2 Likes

There are some older threads you should check out. One is “Why is WashU such a secret” and the other is 100 reasons to choose WashU or something similar.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I visited WashU last year when they opened up in-person tours. Loved the campus.

1 Like

Visited this weekend and loved it. DD22 wishes she’d applied ED. Any speculation as to RD release date?

3 Likes

Call the office if you want to know.

2016 - (3/10/16) 2nd Thursday
2017 - (3/15/17) 3rd Wednesday
2018 - (3/15/18) 3rd Thursday
2019 - (3/14/19) 2nd Thursday
2020 - (3/12/20) 2nd Thursday
2021 - (3/24/21) 4th Wednesday
2022 - ???

Previous WashU RD decision dates FYI. Last year they tweeted on 3/11/21 that RD decisions would be released the week of March 21. I’m hoping we will get decisions this Thursday or worst case a tweeted release date.

8 Likes

@wiscokat you are amazing! I know this is a long shot but can’t help but be hopeful. Good luck, everyone!

3 Likes

Super helpful
My guess is we’ll likely be near the end of the month again due to the increased applications over <2021.

1 Like

D loves WashU. Doesn’t love St Louis, but loves WashU. I think it’s a sleeper for her, and if she were to be accepted would rocket towards the top of her list. It is weird
everyone knows it’s a great school, everyone loves the campus, and the only negative thing I’ve ever heard (other than the surrounding area) is that students can be too serious. Well, join the club for these top schools!

2 Likes

I feel like the delay last year was more about COVID and the disruptions to admissions staffing as a result. So hoping it is more in line with the past and is in the middle of the month.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: Hope so!

Yes, all of the delays last year were due to the complications of Covid - remote staffing issues, increases in applications due to so many kids applying to more colleges in reaction to their class of 2024 deferring a year and colleges accepting less for class of 2025, and new technology implemented during Covid. The Ivy schools that shed their dates a week into April

1 Like

DD hasn’t visited yet. Seeing Purdue in late March for her Spring break and we’ll drive out to WashU from there if admitted. Hoping the decisions are out sooner rather than later so we have time to adequately plan!

1 Like

One of the webinars I attended within the past month said “early March” is when regular decisions would be released. Not sure how many days we have left until it’s not early march anymore!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing - 2nd Thursday in March (3/10) is looking like a real possibility! Next week will be mid March so I think we have a real shot for decisions this week. I am not sharing any of this with my child who applied. My kids tell me unless there is a posted date & time they will wait for the email. They are way more patient than I am! They typically release at 5:30 pm EST FYI.

6 Likes

Does WashU provide a 24-hr or so heads up on releases?

They did not for ED. Not sure how they handle RD.

Last year they tweeted on 3/11/21 that RD would be released the week of March 21st. Then on March 15th they announced on their FB admissions page (maybe other platforms as well) that they would release RD in the afternoon of March 24th - which they did. Last year was my 1st year with a high school senior so I’m not sure if they always announce the specific day or not. I do feel confident that if they have a delay in release and do it at the end of the month again that they will communicate that with us. When there is a history of release between 3/10-3/15 people anticipate an earlier release even when the release dates published are “by April 1”. WashU was nice enough to to communicate the later release last year and I think they would do that again. Let’s hope they don’t have to & decisions come out tomorrow!

5 Likes

Doesn’t seem like any news today

1 Like

Guessing if release was today, there’d have been inklings of it over the past 24-48 hrs, right?