WashU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I don’t think I got the call yesterday. I am checking, but I got an email saying I have been selected as a scholar (it did not use the word finalist anywhere) and I have to decide by March 2 if I want to remain eligible.

7 Likes

my daughter heard from Ampersand, phone call on Sunday and portal today. Domestic, RD applicant. super excited.

2 Likes

We didn’t get call nor email. Wasn’t a finalist. Oh well. Still hoping for good news on decision date.

3 Likes

I came here looking for this questions….if you got an email saying your merit finalist merit decisions are in - why would they send that before an actual admissions decision…

Congratulations! Does this guarantee admission?

Thank you! Yes, it does.

That’s fantastic!! So if someone gets and email to check their portal for merit scholarships and no phone call what does this mean? Do they send this email to everyone?

So if you are not a Merit finalist , does that mean your child will not be accepted? It seems weird to be getting an email regarding scholarships that potentially would be offered if you were in running for acceptance….or do they send these emails to everyone?

It means they will not be offered a merit scholarship. They will still be considered for admission. Because every applicant is considered for some of the scholarships, (some required additional essay) they gave every applicant notification of whether or not they are scholarship finalists.

2 Likes

Yes. The scholarship letter has a sentence that reads

“Yes, this means you have been admitted to Washington University in St. Louis! More information about your admission will be available in March.”

(that is a copy and paste from the letter)

4 Likes

Did you apply for the scholarship?

Not all scholarships required a separate application or essay. Langsdorf, Ampersand, Distinguished Scholars (Olin Business School), Fitzgibbon and Conway/Proetz scholarships did not require separate application rather your admission application was reviewed for consideration for those scholarships. Signature Scholarships (Danforth, Rodriguez, Ervin) had an optional writing supplement which served as the application for those scholarships. All the scholarship information can be found on the WashU website.

1 Like

Has anyone who applied Regular Decision heard about being accepted/denied/waitlisted yet?

Not yet. Unless you are a scholarship finalist. RD are released by Apr 1.

We are headed for a visit Friday… suggestions on must sees?

The WashU campus is gorgeous! If you have time visit the Arch or at least Forest Park.

3 Likes

Forest Park (zoo, art museum, beautiful walking/running trails), Delmar Loop (where students hang out and lots of places to eat), the Arch, Central West End. It is really a foodie city with lots to chose!

And yes, the campus is gorgeous!

4 Likes

No (for the distinguished scholars program)

1 Like

No (for the distinguished scholars program)

Nowhere near campus, but every WashU kid goes!

2 Likes