WashU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

We’ve had tears (Duke ED) and euphoria (UNC EA). D really, really likes WashU, and it was on our S21’s short list and would likely have been his destination had he not received different news on Ivy day.

The only pause she had was that we visited in the throes of Covid, where it seemed like the surrounding area was almost abandoned.

Interesting! We waited for campus tours to open up & so it was pretty normal and lots of people in the park, zoo & at the art museum. The mask mandate was lifted right after we visited, fingers crossed we are (finally!) coming to the end of Covid.

DD22 ED’ed to Cornell but loved the landscape of the campus more than the vibe. WashU did not move up on her list until her interview, and the interviewer made all of the things that you read on the website a reality. We waited to visit for Covid to die down (mistake) and are hopefully not going to regret it (and yet we know we likely will). We’ve tried to let her drive this bus and figure if nothing else, great life lessons have been learned.

1 Like

You never know how things will work out until all the results are in and your kid has had time to really evaluate. D18 got into WashU and Cornell (both front runners) and in the end, chose UVA. That choice came out of nowhere for us, but in retrospect, it was the perfect choice for her. In a few weeks, hopefully, our kids will have some really nice options. Having gone through this before, the only advice I can give everyone is to really listen to what your child needs and wants in a school. We as parents usually think we know best. They know what their needs are to be successful. Guide them, but support their decision as long as it’s within the parameters you have given them (financial and geographic). Good luck.

12 Likes

So, are we expecting the regular decision release this week?

3 Likes

Haven’t heard anything.

Today is a Thursday and also the last day of WashU’s spring break… I hope decisions are today! But not getting my hopes up.

Isn’t today Wednesday?

2 Likes

i just called admissions and they said decisions will be released late march and an email will be sent a few days prior with the date

5 Likes

a few days prior? means it’s probably not today or tomorrow :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like a good chance it will align closely with last year’s week/date.

Sorry if I missed it. When did the decision come out last year? Thanks.

March 24th last year!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Last 4 years, the decision has come out during the Spring break week. If the same pattern holds, we can hear from them tomorrow (like last year) or Thursday (like the previous 3 years). Let’s see…

2 Likes

Tomorrow is thursday?

1 Like

Yes, sorry! :joy: Somehow thought today was Tuesday.

The best part is at least we know we’ll know in 2 weeks!

soooooo not today?

2 Likes

I just called the office and they said that they are officially releasing decisions on March 24th, so next week.

22 Likes

Received email from counselor confirming 24th decision date.

4 Likes