WashU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Does anyone applying for Financial Aid have anything other than FAFSA and CSS in their checklist?

1 Like

Our checklist included FAFSA and the CSS Profile which was submitted long ago - like in January. But I just looked today and there is a new date that my FAFSA was received (3/11). Not sure why the date received would have changed.

1 Like

They just posted on Instagram that RD decisions are planned to be released late afternoon on March 24th. Good luck to those awaiting decisions!

10 Likes

@4suits
What were the deciding factors for your D in selecting one over the others? 
as you say that you didn’t see this coming.

Just changed for FAFSA date, not CSS, right?

Yeah, my fafsa shows Feb 2nd which is interesting.

That is normal. Whenever I edited FAFSA to add and remove colleges, some colleges that I left in re-downloaded the FAFSA even though nothing was updated.

3 Likes

I never thought she would go to a southern school (we are in NE) or that she was particularly interested in a large public university. She applied EA because it was an easy application. She wanted a larger school with good school spirit and very strong academics. Once she visited her admitted schools, she realized how much she liked the laid back vibe, very smart kids, beautiful campus, and just the overall feel of the school. WashU is a wonderful place but doesn’t have the same type of spirit and she didn’t think she was a great fit with the student body. She’s a really smart young woman who felt that she wouldn’t thrive in a pressure cooker like Cornell. She was right. She had an amazing experience, did really well, met great people, and was a admitted to a T20 med school. No school is perfect, but we couldn’t ask for a better overall experience for our daughter.

3 Likes

@4suits
We visited the general admissions tour so no in-depth tour that your D may have had via Admitted Day tour. It was hard to gauge the students or student body vibe from walking around staring at the buildings and just passing some of them while they were rushing to classes. We weren’t allowed to dine at the cafeteria due to Covid restrictions. Can you describe the student body vibe that your D or you felt at WASHU? thanks!

We went on a tour when Covid restrictions were lifted, and we got a completely different vibe than at U of M, Cornell, Northwestern & Rice. The kids and staff were friendly, twice we were approached by kids to see if we needed directions anywhere. We could not find one person on the Rice campus who knew where the Welcome Center was and it was a Saturday granted, but we saw maybe 10 students including 2 tour guides over a 3 hr period at Rice. WashU was busy, they were handing out free pastries in one of the quads, and everyone we saw looked engaged. Our tour guide was a sophomore and twice during the tour cars slowed and called out to her. Rocketed Washu to the top of dds list. I wish we would have gone before ed but it really is hard to get a sense of a campus with Covid restricted tours so we waited.

5 Likes

Anything I say could be perceived as derogatory, and I wouldn’t want that. It’s a beautiful school with very nice people. I have a close relative who recently graduated and absolutely loved it. Having said that, as with any school, you and your kid need to do your due diligence and make sure its a good fit. If you want more specific opinions, you can DM me.

Does anyone know much about the social scene at WashU?

Did anyone see an new section in their financial aid portal called Additional Resources with the option to upload documents through IDOC? Maybe this has always been here but I feel like its new. If so do you know if this is a good sign? I also had the date change for my FAFSFA.

It was always there. Also FAFSA date can change if the college re-downloaded it.

Has informed delivery been updated for anyone?

No, in fact, it says there is one piece of mail coming today but it doesn’t have a picture of it. I in no way expect it to be from Wash U
just my gut feeling. Don’t they email and update portal before snail mail acceptance?

When D18 was admitted to WashU 4 years ago, it was in the informed delivery the morning decisions came out. Can’t say what will happen this year.

1 Like

My dad said there was one in the email yesterday without an image but he did not see it in the mailbox.

I don’t have informed delivery but when my daughter was admitted last year, we received the first “accepted student” mail from wash u several days later.

what’s informed delivery?