Wayne State Med-Direct 2022

For applicants who are applying for the 21-22 cycle, I was wondering if you could post this year’s med-direct application essay prompts?

Good luck to everyone who applied!

Hi! I, for some reason, cannot find the prompts but here’s what I think they were.

1. For sure is basically a variation of “why med?” Pretty much a med personal statement
  2. I’m sorry I’m reading my essay and can not think of the prompt😭 I believe it was asking for more context into your life and how you will use the lessons you’ve learned for your future.
    I’m sorry if this wasn’t much help
1 Like
  1. Tell us more about yourself; in particular, how your academic, extracurricular, and life experiences have influenced your desire to pursue a career in medicine and to focus on health disparities. Additionally, explain how you think Wayne Med-Direct will help you achieve these goals.

2. Have you faced any social, economic, or personal hardships that

have affected your personal and educational wellbeing?

As a general guideline, you may consider the following categories (including, but not limited to) in explaining socioeconomic disadvantages.

Underserved: You live in an underserved or a rural area/community with limited access to resources and educational opportunities.

Immediate family situation: Your immediate family situation affects your educational and social wellbeing.

Financial disadvantages: All circumstances that affect family finances including you/your family receive state/federal assistance.

Other circumstances: Any other circumstances that create disadvantages in your social, economic, and personal life.

1. OPTIONAL
    Share any information about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted your educational experience and your daily life over the course of the pandemic since March 2020. In particular, you can use this opportunity to inform the Wayne Med-Direct admissions committee about any unexpected hardships or opportunities you have experienced and the ways in which the restrictions related to the pandemic have affected your access to educational and financial opportunities. The content of this essay will allow the committee to understand how the pandemic has had a direct impact on your current application to the program.

*If you’re applying next year these questions might def change! Good Luck!!

1 Like

@enthuasticprayer @anon53903206 Thank you so much for your help! It is greatly appreciated. Are there any word limits on these essays?

I believe all of them have 500 word limitz

1 Like

THANK YOU!! idk why i couldn’t find the prompts😭

Loll that’s okay!!