West Chester University of Pennsylvania -- Nursing?

Yes, I received an email saying that it was still under review and I would be notified as soon as a decision was made. I’m just curious because I applied to Penn State University Park’s nursing program about 2 weeks after I applied to West Chester and I got in, and Penn State is harder than West Chester and receives far more applicants.

Penn State costs twice as much in-state for nursing as West Chester, so that may affect the numbers of applicants. Also, West Chester is much closer to population centers.

@digi628 I personal messaged you with schools daughter got in with close stats 1230 3.86 and aid she recieved
for Nursing check deadlines but all said Male nurses needed. Are you in PA?

Another smaller direct entry program is Eastern, which is in the Phila suburbs

Thank you very much kearbear, I got your message. Very promising info there. We are in PA. My son was accepted to DeSales (Allentown PA) with a generous “scholarship” and he also applied (and is verbally accepted) to Neumann (Aston PA) but we were really hoping for a large state school. Besides PSU and Pitt and Temple, he also applied to James Madison. I am embarrassed to admit that I don’t even know much about direct entry vs otherwise. What if a school is NOT “direct entry”? You have to re-apply after 2 years?

That is what I understand it to be but also some direct entry require students to maimtain a certain gpa. He is a bright young man I know he will get into somewhere were he loves.

If you apply to a school that is not direct entry (such as JMU), you will need to know how hard it is to be accepted as a nursing major after 2 years. At some colleges, it is extremely difficult.