What ACT do you need to get OOS waived?

Typically what ACT is needed to get OOS Waived at UF?

@Mwfan1921 does a certain ACT score guarantee an OOS waiver at UF?

Are you conflating with FSU (maybe not assured but likely - I think a 32). UF merit unlikely. No score can cure that. But it’s affordable relative to others full pay.

Just looking for someone to post their experience, I know it’s not fact - just an idea of what score can make it.

Go to the Florida decision thread. Hundreds posted there.

1 Like

Thanks will do.

No. A certain ACT score allows you to qualify for a grandparent tuition waiver if you have a grandparent who lives in state; but there are few of those and getting one if you meet the requirements is first come, first served depending on when you apply. There is no score that automatically gives you in-state tuition that I know of.

That’s what I thought. The OP specifically asked if there was a certain ACT score at which you got OOS waiver. The answer is…no…unless you are applying for the grandparent thing…and that was not mentioned by @Nldgost

There is no score that automatically gives you in-state tuition that I know of.

89th percentile on test. The state gives the school a certain quantity and I may be wrong but believe they are first come first serve. Ps 89th percentile will also get you rejected to the school.

https://uf.tfaforms.net/f/out_of_state_fee_waiver?tfa_22=tfa_24#:~:text=Eligibility%20Requirements%20for%20the%20Grandparent,in%20Florida%20Statue%20Section%201009.21.

@tsbna44 the link you provided is for the grandparent waiver of OOS fees. The OP never mentioned a thing about having a grandparent in FL. Hope @Nldgost comes back and clarifies this.

There is no out of state waiver for some specific ACT scores except if the student has a grandparent in FL. At least as far as I know.

Yea I already noted it’s FSU and not UF that has a min score - and UF doesn’t. But a few @slyone ahd yourself were talking about the go waiver so I threw in the info. I know OP never mentioned.

Hi there. My OOS daughter got an out of state tuition waiver at UF, not much (maybe 4k?). But that is in fact what they called it, a distinguished scholar waiver. She scored a 34 on the ACT. We’re from PA where tuition is outrageously high, so I don’t know if they give waiver amounts based on what they think will bring the cost down to state level. For us, that small amount brought it close to in state cost.