What are my chances at Purdue- Animal Sciences Major

So what may my chances at Purdue look like all the people from my school have a 4.0 and perfect scores so I’m really worried about my everything.
STATS:
African-American Female
Lower Income Family & I’ll be first generation & I’m in-state
(Not sure if any of that matters to Purdue but to some schools it does.)
Weighted GPA: 3.54
Un-weighted GPA: 3.18
SAT CR+M: 990
SAT: 1480
ACT Composite: 22
I’ve taken a pretty fair mix of AP/Honors and regular classes. I did very well Freshman year, dropped a little sophomore year but came back better Junior year.

Extra-curriculars
-2 years swim team
-2( going to be 3 ) years on rugby team
-Part-time job lifeguarding
-Volunteer work at Humane Society

• Summer Research Program at IU School of Dentistry

I probably left some things out but I made this sort of on the fly. I can probably write a pretty good essay and get some good recs from the professors that I worked with researching as well as my teachers. I’m really hoping my research experience helps with my application and all since other things may lack.I also am planning to retake my ACT ( I found it much easier than SAT) and maybe my SAT if life permits.Also I plan on being on a Pre-dental track so if there are any other recommended majors besides the basics (Chem, Bio etc.) I’m open to suggestions. Any advice or feedback is more than welcome.
Thanks so much

Here is the profile of the Fall 2014 incoming freshmen:
http://www.admissions.purdue.edu/academics/freshmanprofile.php

Your GPA and test scores are on the lower side, but that doesn’t mean you won’t get accepted. Taking AP courses definitely helps, and your extracurricular activities are healthy. Definitely try to score higher on the ACT. If you can get it into the middle 50% of the incoming class (25-30), that will help you. Purdue accepted 16% of those that applied last year, so it’s not a clear shot, but I wouldn’t be discouraged. Good luck!

I’m studying hard for the ACT and SAT this time since I didn’t even prepare for those. But thanks so much!

I’ll bet you’ll do better this time around, then! Purdue super scores, too, which helps. :slight_smile:

Purdue is very easy to get in, but it’s a trap; only 50% of people graduate in 4 years because the coursework is really hard. So, basically all these people with low scores and GPAs are accepted, only to struggle in their classes.