What are my chances at the University of Alabama?

3.26 unweighted gpa 3.6 weighted, 22 ACT(plan on taking that many more times) 6 AP’s, extracurriculars include cross country and track all 4 years. Do I have a good shot at being admitted to UA or should I definitely get my ACT way up? Thanks.

You’ll get in, esp if in state

I’m out of state but thanks for replying!

What’s your major and ACT breakdown?

“The University of Alabama employs a competitive admission process that includes reviewing and evaluating each application on an individual basis for an applicant’s abilities as a student and a scholar. Decisions about the potential for your academic success at UA are based on your performance on the ACT and/or SAT, your high-school grade point average, and your high-school course schedule. (For example: A student with a 21 ACT or 1000 SAT [critical reading and math scores only] along with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 should be successful at the University.)”

Found that on u Alabama’s website

Roll tide!!

ACT breakdown was English 21 math 28 reading 18 and science 20

Nice! You’ll def get in. If you study a lot on the ACT like you plan maybe you’ll get a scholarship!

Is it affordable? I got accepted to bama earlier this year

And also when it says “21 ACT and 3.0 gpa would be successful” what does that really mean? Is that what is required to apply?

Yah luckily my parents said they are willing to pay a lot for college! Although I live in Georgia so if I get accepted to UGA I will go there but I highly doubt that lol.

It means someone with a 21 ACT and 3.0 GPA should expect an acceptance letter.

You fall within normal stats for Alabama. Apply in august and get your decision early !

UGA is more selective than bama :confused:

UGa has fewer undergrads, and is filled with mostly instate students.

UGa

UGa

Regular Applicants
Total applicants  20,877     Admitted  11,644    Enrolled  5,348

U Alabama

Regular Applicants
Total applicants   33,736       Admitted  17,222       Enrolled  6,824

Both schools accept about half of their applicants.  

I think the bigger issue is population.   Alabama has less than 5m.  Georgia has more than 10M