Chances of acceptance: University of Alabama

Hi! So I very interested in University of Alabama. I’m currently a junior. I had a pretty rough sophomore year. I tore my ACL my grades dropped bc of that, but was still able to maintain a okay GPA… I ended my sophomore year with a cumulative GPA of 3.46 unweighted. Here are my classes right now:
Geometry
Accelerated English 11 (accelerated is between academic and honors at my school…but leans way more towards honors)
AP World History
Gender Studies
Accelerated Chemistry
Spanish 3

As of right now I have a 3.8 unweighted and plan on keeping a 3.6-3.8 through junior year.
My school has a reputation of being very hard… which it is. We are held to such a high standard and it can be very hard sometimes. I was just wondering my chances of being accepted at U Alabama as of right now…

What is your ACT or SAT score?

I haven’t taken it yet! My PSAT score was 1100 out of 1500 (as it was only the practice SAT) last year (beginning of sophomore year) , so I expect to get that or better.

The minimum ACT score seems to be 21, but you prob need a GPA of 3.5 or higher if your score is that low.

I don’t think you are right at all. Alabama’s GPA is a 3.0 unweighted. I have a 3.467 unweighted. And a 1100/1500 on the PRACTICE SAT is actually good at the beginning of your 10th grade year. The PSAT means nothing by the way. It isn’t even the same as the first time taking the SAT. The SAT is out of 1600… so a 1200 is good. And the ACT is not required. I got a 28 on the ACT. I’m talking just from a GPA stand rn. And taking the GPA from Alabama’s website directly, it’s a 3.0 so I think I’m good.

I was only saying that if your ACT is ONLY 21, that you likely need a 3.5 GPA! Since you have a 28 ACT, you have nothing to worry about.