What are my chances at UCs?

Hello, I am still an undergrad with 3.1 gpa and completed 86 units in biology at cal state la (changed from engineering), I am planning to take more than 120 units in total so I can raise my gpa a bit. Since I can’t take too much extra, maybe I will land at 3.4 final or slightly higher. I’m aiming for pharmacology grad school in UCLA, UCI, USC and such, planning to take GRE later. So what are my chances to get in? or any recommendation to raise by chances?

Btw, I’m volunteering in a research lab, maybe that can give me some edge. And is it true that a big improvement on academic performances will give a good impression?

My dd got into grad school for pharmacy. Her friends got into their med schools for medicine.

GPA is crucial and should be as close to 4.0 as possible.

The UC grad schools are very competitive and are very reliant upon PCAT scores and GPA.

so, that means no chance at all?

Those programs are really competitive but, do your best and apply broadly. See what happens. If pharmacology is what you want to do, be sure to include some target schools that are less selective.