What are my chances?

<p>To start, is there a way to say in the application process that I intend to enter the school of engineering. I know it isn't their strongest school within the university, so if that makes a difference in the application process, that would be nice to know. Also I intend to do early action.</p>

<p>GPA:3.85weighted, 3.75 unweighted, school runs on 4 point scale
ACT: 30 composite 32 reading 30 math</p>

<p>AP classes:
Currently taking AP Chem, AP physics, AP calculus</p>

<p>took 3 honors courses a year sophomore and junior year</p>

<p>Extracurricular:
Club co presidents
Meat Club, Lumberjack clubs
(unique school clubs)
Work as little league umpire freshman-senior 12 hours/week april-october</p>

<p>Sports:
water polo freshman-senior (intends to play club if that matters as well)
Boys swim team sophomore-senior (captian senior year)</p>

<p>If there is any other things I need to put in before applying, please let me know. Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>In my experience, you apply to the university itself, and if you get into the university you basically get into any college you want to be in. That being said, I’ve heard rumors of quotas for certain programs, but I’m not entirely sure about whether those are true or false. To answer your question though, the UM supplement to the Common App asks about your intended major and school. In terms of chances, I think yours are pretty good for acceptance and possibly a smaller scholarship. Out of curiosity, what is the Meat Club? Caught my eye and I just had to ask, haha.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help! To answer your question, meat club is from a tradition in one of my engineering classes. Once every few months, we would get together at school, grill meat that we brought, and hang out. We had a bunch of fun doing it, so last year, we missed doing that every few months since we didn’t have that class, so we made it a club for the whole school.</p>

<p>That’s actually one of the greatest ideas I’ve ever heard… Wish someone at my school had thought of that!</p>