What do you think are my chances of being accepted regular decision?

<p>I am from NH, and was wondering what my chances at being accepted to Geneseo are. I am confused as to whether or not it is easier or harder to be accepted into Geneseo out of state. Here is some information to help:</p>

<p>GPA: 4.0 weighted, and although I don't know for sure my unweighted, I'm guessing 3.8ish</p>

<p>Rank: Although our school does not give specific student rankings, my school's 2012 student profile reveals that I fall under the top 10%</p>

<p>ACT Composite: 27</p>

<p>Honors/AP/IB: I have taken all honors, 2 AP courses in the 10th grade (AP US History and AP Language and Composition, receiving a 4 on both exams), and am currently an IB diploma candidate, which is the highest possible rigor of courses available at my school. I took 4 IB classes my junior year, and am currently taking 6 more IB courses senior year.</p>

<p>Extra Curriculars: Performed in 5 plays, Public Relations Director of International Thespian Society, Bulletin Editor of Key Club, Treasurer of Model United Nations, member of National Honor Society, and have over 200 hours of volunteer work</p>

<p>Other Information: Female, white, New Hampshire resident</p>

<p>ACT seems a bit low… I got in ED but I had a 32… and Geneseo usually wants a 28 or higher.</p>

<p>No SAT?</p>

<p>Two years ago my D got the “select wait list”, which meant she was wait listed, but was accepted for the spring instead of the fall. (she opted not to stay on the wait list, or go in the spring)</p>

<p>Her ACT was the same as yours, but GPA was 3.6. She had very good ECs, not sure if they care about that.</p>

<p>Hey! I think being out-of-state does work in your favor, just because its one of those odd diversity clauses, but even so, there are very few out-of-staters. If you’re a junior, I would advise you to keep pressing and improve the scores, but if you’re a senior, then I think perhaps trying to come down for an interview to make an impression would improve your odds. Its a long trip, but it really could make a difference and perhaps put you on the select wait list to which GCmom referred or bump you into accepted! Best of luck!</p>