What happened UCs?

@Ashfire, Sorry to hear that about Tulane. If you recall, I had indicated that a waitlisting was likely in your case. That was because Tulane requires a lot of interest, or they reject even high stats kids. The reason, among many others, is that the university is trying to bump its freshman retention rate up a few percentage points to be on par with its peers, and also to retain the “happiest students” designation, which is very important for the university in many respects. (I think Tulane was 4th in the nation recently in “Happiest Students”, along with “Best Quality of Life” and “Best City.”) The thinking is, if students wind up there as a backup, they will bring down morale for others and even run a risk of transferring out at some point. Now, if you have looked at the university in detail and are genuinely interested in attending, I would waste no time to make that known to the admissions office. Universities misjudge yields all the time, so you never know if too few people have accepted their offers and whether they need to go into the waitlist this year. Bottom line: this is not an evaluation of you at all. You got caught up in a bunch of other considerations that have little to do with how strong a candidate you are and every bit to do with the out of control competition among universities, spurred on by the media and their silly rankings systems. See, for example, Frank Bruni’s Book “Where You’ll Go Is Not Who You’ll Be,” (https://www.amazon.com/Where-You-Not-Who-Youll-ebook/dp/B00LLIIZMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490889829&sr=8-1&keywords=frank+bruni) and the blog post of Tulane Admissions Director Jeff Schiffman. (http://tuadmissionjeff.blogspot.com/#!/2017/03/its-going-to-be-okay.html) You are going to be fine! All the best!

@lkg4answers Computer Science.

@socalmom007 that’s what I suspected. It sounds like this was a brutal year for admissions into CS at any school. :frowning:

EVERYONE:

Thank you so much for your support. I will never EVER understand college admissions. Ever. I got into UCB.

I am so happy. I was screaming and jumping from excitement.

I got rejected by UCSB, waitlisted by UCSD and UCLA, but got into UCB. Anything can really happen.

I also got rejected by upenn (no surprised) and waitlisted by NYU (I dont care but still wth…)

Now I am stuck between cmu and ucb. Even though i dont know if ill get in cmu, if i did, i would have no idea which to take.

Wow!!! Congratulations @Ashfire !!!

Congrats! I told you you would wind up somewhere great, even if I was off by a college! Purely out of curiosity, whatever happened with Michigan?

@NJDad68 Thank you! I will find out saturday I believe.

Congratulations!!!
Fingers crossed for cmu and Michigan!

waitlisted at michigan. Im beginning to think my waitlists are because of me applying as an engineer.

Congratulations on UCB!!

What are your preferences and are they affordable without parent loans?