What IB subjects should I take up?

<p>So I am planning to take up IB Diploma after I finish my high school what subjects should I take? My major varies from journalism to computer science. I am really interested in journalism but I am also really interested in computer science. I might major and minor or just forego one of them. So I plan to take up ib subjects pertaining to journalism and computer science so it will be flexible for me to major in. </p>

<p>I am planning currently to take up :</p>

<p>English Language & Literature (HL)
French (SL)
History (SL)
Computer science (HL)
Physics (SL)
Math (HL)</p>

<p>is it alright? I would sure love to hear some opinions.
<em>Take note that I am planning to apply to ivy league schools like columbia</em></p>

<p>The diploma programme is two years - are you going to do this after you have graduated from high school? (I hadn’t heard of it being done that way) Does the school you’re considering have an IB adviser? If so, spending some time with that person would be very helpful.</p>

<p>Yes I am aware of that. I’m not from the US I am an international student and my school is not American based syllabus so we don’t have ib or act or ap or whatever those exams. So I have no choice but to take it after my high school</p>

<p>Putting the whole “after high school” thing aside…
Your course load looks good. It’s geared more towards CompSci than journalism.
You should be fine in terms of academic rigor. The only thing I’d suggest is taking Economics SL instead of History SL (or even Economics HL if you are serious about journalism).</p>