What is the campus like?

<p>Accepted RD! I've only seen some pictures of the campus; I haven't had a chance to visit yet. I'm from the Bay Area. Drove up to Oregon on a RT two summers ago and thought it was beautiful! Didn't make it all the way to Portland though. </p>

<p>I've been to lots of CA campuses (UCLA, USC, UCSD, Pomona College), is L&C like any of those at all? Is Portland pretty similar to San Jose? I'd really like to get a feel for what the L&C campus is like before I make my decision ^_^ and just FYI I thought Pomona College's campus was freakin' GORGEOUS so if it's anything like that, L&C would be awesome in my book.</p>

<p>Go look! Fly up on South West Airlines, cheap flights. Big estate. Not like Pomona. Amazing grounds, lush, rainy, beautiful buildings, library. No real consistent architecture but no buildings were distasteful in any way. We visited from New England last spring, daughter LOVED it, one of her top choices for now, if not her #1~</p>

<p>D and I were just there yesterday, and we both just wandered around saying, "Oooh, it's so PRETTY!" every 30 seconds or so. The architecture is nothing special, but the setting is so lush and green and woodsy--that wild, mossy, vine-y, quintessentially Pacific Northwest brand of beauty. Mother Nature runs rampant through this campus, making it feel more like a wild place than the outskirts of a city. </p>

<p>If you prefer things manicured & formal, you might be put off (although there are some lovely gardens left over from the old estate here). But we loved it.</p>

<p>One of the prettiest campus I have been to - very green with stunning views. The campus is situated on the grounds of an old estate - and they take full advantage of the former estates grounds. </p>

<p>It is nothing like Pomona - but then again the climate is nothing like Pomona. My biggest complaint would be the dorms which I thought were somewhat run down and cramped. (I've been there twice on tours - once with each kid about a year apart).</p>

<p>I do agree with the advice above - go see it....</p>