What kind of music do you listen to?

<p>Naah, UMO is in Orono/near Bangor. UMO is the biggest university in Maine so they basically call it UM.
Orono is much smaller than Portland but we usually go to Bangor on weekends. </p>

<p>And yes there are a lot of Somalis in Portland but NOT in Orono and Bangor. All Somalis that I see are students from other cities/states.
I am from Atlanta Georgia.</p>

<p>hahalolk,
You welcome man.</p>

<p>Yay for Somali people. :slight_smile: There are so many Somali in MN it’s crazy. My uncles and cousins are there too. </p>

<p>@eastafrobeauty - At least you speak some coherent Somali. Mine sucks with a horrible accent.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This is quite disturbing, mostly because I listen to the exact same musicians. My playlist is studded with songs by MC Solaar (Guru, too :)), Liszt (though I greatly prefer Rafal Blechacz to Yundi), K-pop of all kinds (but I like J-pop and C-pop as well, though to a lesser degree), Shostakovitch (and all the other requisite Russian composers), and Brett Dennen. Millancad, your similarity in music tastes to mine is, simply put, terrifying. <em>shudder</em></p>

<p>And I love K’naan as well. Wavin’ Flag is a song I consistently put on repeat while doing my homework. :)</p>

<p>

Yes, I play some soccer…but I’m not very good at it. I love watching it though. I can’t wait for the world cup to begin.</p>

<p>^^That is so strange ksarmand! I’ve never met anyone with musical tastes so similar to my own.</p>

<p>^Well, I do suppose it’s a relief to discover that I’m not the only person who likes those kinds of music. The raised eyebrows I was getting from my classmates every time I responded to their queries about what was on my playlist were starting to get a bit tiring.</p>

<p>COME TO HARVARD. We can be roomies. :D</p>

<p>I usually don’t recall the artists that I listen to, except for K’naan and Wavin Flag as ksarmand mentioned and a few others.
Here’s my long list- I listen to Rock (alternative, punk, indie, and folk), Pop, Jazz, Hip-hop, Classical (mainly romantic), Irish music, Electronica, Oldies, Country, Trance, House, Trip-hop, Broadway music, Video game music, J-Rock, J-Pop, K-Pop, Techno, Rap (only the older music and French rap though), Movie and Anime Soundtracks, speedcore, Drum and Bass, Rhythm and Blues, breakcore, happy hardcore, Indian music, Vocaloid music, and remixes of all of these genres.</p>

<p>Lol I forgot about this thread…</p>

<p>@ Inconclusive: Yep. I’ve heard that there are somalis is the Atlanta area…i don’t personally have any fam there by i have friends that do.</p>

<p>@ Millancad: MC Solaar is awesome! My french teacher plays his music in class sometimes…</p>

<p>^I don’t get any MC Solaar love, eastafrobeauty? :(</p>

<p>I’m hurt. Terribly.</p>

<p>I love Kanye (and his blatantly rude comments lol), Drake, Pac, Biggie, Kid Cudi, Gucci Mane (I like the beats…and his swag), Roscoe Dash (is so gorgeous lol) </p>

<p>I like jerk music too.
I like really all kinds of music. I like Mike Posner’s song…I wanna check him out some more…I like all kinds of stuff…Even some Reggaeton and everything</p>

<p>I’m down with indie/alternative rock and (true) hip-hop. And no, lil boosie is not hip-hop. (people have asked)</p>

<p>With the first category, I usually go with the smashing pumpkins, soundgarden, coldplay, anything similar. Linkin park is also good and in this category. Some others too, but anything with a similar feel basically gets my vote. </p>

<p>The second category changes with my mood. So it can go from old school/underground (a tribe called quest, black sheep, mos def, kweli) to new rap thats different in some way or another (Kid Cudi, Wale, J. Cole, Big Sean, Mike Posner, Drake, Paris Jones) are the main names there. Then you have the classics. For that group, Lupe, Jay-Z, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Youg Jeezy, Outkast, Ludacris, Chamillionaire, Game are basically what come to mind.</p>

<p>I also like party techno music. (but im just getting into it so I don’t have as much) So right now I’m looking into darude (other than sandstorm) and robert miles (his song children is amazing)</p>

<p>Any questions?</p>