What NOT to Wear...at Bama... ;)

<p>yes but probably more like…
[Bean</a> Boots by L.L.Bean, Thinsulate Gumshoe: Bean Boots at L.L.Bean](<a href=“L.L.Bean: Page Not Available”>L.L.Bean: Page Not Available)</p>

<p>^^^^
Yep, that is what I called a duck shoe growing up.</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at UA, and girls on campus mostly wear the following:</p>

<p>During warm weather:
-Nike tempos: Everyone wears them. You can find them at sporting good stores. There are several colors. I would definitely get the black and white one’s since they go with everything. However, definitely invest in some colors just to mix things up a bit.
-Big T-shirts: Get them a size or two larger than you normally wear. Also, try to avoid high school t-shirts. If you are not in a sorority or fraternity, t-shirts from popular restaraunts or organizations work as well.
-Flip-Flops, Chacos, or Tennis Shoes: Rainbows are really durable flip-flops and are really comfortable. Chacos are really popular as well. I don’t own a pair, but you’ll see them everywhere during warm weather. Tennis shoes are really good when walking across campus. Definitely go for comfortable shoes especially if you’re walking across campus.
-Sunglasses: Any kind will do. Even if they are knock-off’s, it gets really bright during the day.
-Book Bag: You need one that is water-proof and durable. I had a Vera Bradley last year that was cloth, and as soon as it rained, all of my books were soaked and the weight of my books ripped the straps. North Face is a really popular brand and is a really good investment since it can bear a lot of weight and is water proof.</p>

<p>During cold weather:
-Tempos: Yes, although they are shorts, everyone still wears them.
-Leggings: It really depends on what shirt you have on, but some people choose to wear leggings and a large t-shirt. Others wear leggings with their Tempos on top. (Usually the leggings are black though.)
-Jeans: Jeans are also popular during the cold months. It doesn’t matter what kind though.
-Uggs: Uggs are usually worn with leggings to keep warm. They are also worn with jeans. Either way, they are really good when it’s cold. (I also wear tennis shoes in the winter when I have to walk a long way).
-Sweatshirt or Jacket: When it gets cold, sweatshirts are a must. They are warm and comfortable, which is specially good when going to class. Also, North Faces are very popular. Either way, a jacket is needed when going to class.
-Big t-shirts: Big t-shirts are still popular in the winter. Long sleeves one’s are as well popular since they are warm.</p>

<p>During bad weather:
-Jacket: A North Face is a good investment since it is a good rain jacket. They are very popular up there.
-Rainboots: Definitely a must for keeping the feet dry. You can literally splash in puddles and no water will get on your feet whatsoever. Wear these with jeans or leggings. You can wear them with just shorts but not a lot of people do that.
-Umbrella: A small one will do fine. As long as it covers adequately.</p>

<p>This is what girls where to class. Some girls do their hair and make-up perfectly just to go to class. Some come with a pony tail and no make-up. It really just depends on the person. </p>

<p>I am a science major. So, I have to wear certain things for labs once a week. To my labs, I wear:
-Jeans: Legs must be covered fully, leggings cannot be worn because they are not thick enough. It is ridiculous to have to wear jeans during the hot months of August and September, but it’s required. On hot days, I either go to my room and change if I have enough time or bring an extra pair of jeans with me and change when I get there. During winter, it’s not a problem. Just don’t wear leggings, or they will not let you participate in the lab.
-Tennis Shoes or Sperrys: The feet must be completely covered. So, you can’t wear flip-flops or chacos. I also wouldn’t wear Uggs or rainboots to lab. In chem. labs, you’ll be working with acids which can ruin Uggs. Rainboots are also uncomfortable for standing in a lab for 3+ hours. I would wear Sperry’s when it’s raining on lab days since they are good in water.
-Big T-shirts: You have to have most of the upper body covered (minus the arms), so once again, these work fine. :slight_smile:
-Goggles: Definitely a must. Get the one’s from the chemistry stock room. DO NOT GET THEM FROM THE FERG! The Ferg sells the huge, dorky ugly one’s that look like diving goggles. The one’s from the chemistry stock room are like regular glasses and are only five dollars. Everyone always makes fun of the kid with the huge goggles, so get them from the chem. department for sure.</p>

<p>When going out to a party:
-Dresses: Just something cute and not too dressy or too casual.
-Jeans and a cute top: Once again, not too dressy or too casual.
-Skirts: The short high-waisted one’s are very popular.
-Heels or Flats: Either one will do. Just make sure that you are comfortable in them since you will be walking a lot between parties.</p>

<p>For game days:
-A dress or skirt with crimson, white, black, or houndstooth: If you are joining a sorority or planning to hang out with people in a sorority or fraternity on game days, you need to wear a dress. Other people just wear an Alabama t-shirt and jeans or shorts. But I repeat, IF YOU PLAN TO BE GREEK AFFILIATED, YOU NEED TO WEAR A NICE DRESS.
-Heels or Flats: You will be hauling butt to the stadium, so comfortable shoes are necessary. Make the call yourself, but I prefer flats.
-Sunglasses: It’s always bright on Alabama football days. :slight_smile:
-Sorority button: If you are in a sorority, they will give you a <em>Sorority name</em> loves the tide! button. They are necessary on game days for sorority girls.</p>

<p>For colder game days:
-A pea coat: These are dressy and look nice. A houndstooth one is always cute, but black and red one’s work well too. The length doesn’t matter. You just want them to be warm.
-Leggings or tights: It gets cold during the games, so you want your legs to be covered. You still need to look nice, so leggings or tights help keep you warm and dressy at the same time. :slight_smile:
-Dress: Dresses are still popular during cold games. I would wear one with a turtle neck or long sleeve shirt under it so you stay warm.
-Scarve: A houndstooth one for solid pea coats or a solid one for patterned pea coats looks cute and helps keep your neck warm.
-Shoes: Whatever looks cute with your outfit. Some girls wear uggs. Some wear heels. It really doesn’t matter.</p>

<p>This is how most girls dress at Alabama. Hope it helps :)</p>

<p>I would say that is not how the majority of female students dress, although that would be par for the course if one were in a sorority.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it’s the “majority” or not.</p>

<p>When I’ve been on campus, I like to “people watch” to see what the kids are wearing. I think her description is pretty good. I would add that during warm months, girls sometimes wear sun dresses, capri pants, other shorts, and cute tops.</p>

<p>I didn’t know about the Chem goggles issue…interesting to know.</p>

<p>Bamachick13 thank you so much for this information. Coming from out of state it is good to be able to shop before school. Up here for rain boots we wear Hunters usually with leggings would that be out of place? I am participating in recruitment and hope to be selected for a sorority. Will they have T shirts etc available to purchase pretty quickly? Most of my T shirts are of course from school cheer and track so will not work ;(</p>

<p>Sounds like there is some kind of “lab issue” when you wear leggings, so you might have to avoid leggings on lab days.</p>

<p>After seeing such an extensive posting from Bamachick13, I am glad that I have two sons. They always dress nicely, and fortunately, they do not spend a lot of money to do so.</p>

<p>No offense bamachick, but your list is 100% sorority attire. You need to make that more clear.</p>

<p>is bamagirl in a sorority?</p>

<p>what’s with the big tshirts? no girl i know around here would be caught dead in a big tshirt?</p>

<p>As a female on Bama’s campus, I can honestly say that what bamachick described is the typical sorority attire for various events. I personally am not a fan of the “2sizestoolarge Tshirt” coupled with the Nike shorts and leggings underneath if its cold, but everyone has a different style.</p>

<p>Girls I know wear everything from jeans and a tshirt, to nice tops and skirts, to dresses if they so choose. Just whatever they feel like that day, unless they have lab. You can wear pretty much anything you want, minus anything Auburn related (and tennessee and florida for that matter…that’s just tempting fate imho). :slight_smile: But I would strongly endorse bamachick’s recommendation of rainboats. GET THEM! They will be so incredibly useful. I lost several good pairs of shoes while tramping through the rain this year, and it is not an experience I intend to repeat.</p>

<p>rainboats! : )</p>

<p>Bought son a pair of Sperry’s, with the idea that they would be his rainy day shoes.</p>

<p>When the salesman rang them up, I immediately told him, Ain’t no way you’re wearing these shoes in the rain.</p>

<p>So, now, to find some rain"boats". Seriously, they will have to be “boats”, as son is in Big and Tall shoes. Talk about a captive audience.</p>

<p>I did get some spray by Kiwi, though, that another salesman recommended to me to spray on the Sperry’s. The can also recommended to use the spray on backpacks, which I think was mentioned in another thread sometime ago.</p>

<p>idk what boys wear in the rain. i think they just wear whatever and whatever gets wet.</p>

<p>i really don’t think boys wear rainboats!</p>

<p>one a sidenote - my DD picked up her rainboats last week! : )</p>

<p>Well considering the amount of rain bama got this past year, they really do need to be “rainboats”!! :D. I considered kayaking to my class over at ten Hoor 1st semester, since there was so much rain. Unfortunately, everytime I went to Target, all the cute “rainboats” in my size was sold out :(</p>

<p>D bought an adorable pair of houndstooth rainboots at Target this past winter so she’d be “ready” for Tuscaloosa ;)</p>

<p>My son has two or three pairs of sneakers. When one gets wet, he pulls out another. </p>

<p>Besides, if he’s ever going to bring boots to Alabama, he wants to be certain that there will be a foot of snow on the ground. He can go out and help the maintenance people clear the walks and parking lots. He loves to shovel snow. The 30-plus inches we had for Christmas last year was simply awesome.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>LOL…I only have boys, too. My H always said that if we every had a daughter (or granddaughter) he’d have to work a second job to pay for all her stuff. Oh, the pink section in the baby section!</p>

<p>I’m sending S’s old short hiking boots (waterproofed) although I bet he’ll also be doing the sneaker switcherooo.</p>

<p>My boys just wear their sperries when its colder I do spray waterproofing on them when we get them. They each also have a “nicer pair” that hopefully they wouldn’t wear while raining. Hopefully, they grab their older worse looking pairs when it rains, but who knows. :frowning: </p>

<p>Girls seem to be the ones wearing typical rainboots.</p>

<p>I may get them the Storm Chaser Slip on shoes from LLBean… Those don’t look too much like “rainboots” which I know they wouldn’t wear.
<a href=“L.L.Bean: Page Not Available”>http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58690?from=SR&feat=sr&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;