What percentage of classes for MT majors are not "downtown"?

<p>Not sure if this is old info, but we have had a few people tell us that CCPA has a number of classes where an MT kid would have to take public transportation fairly far away from the main campus downtown. Is this true? (I wonder because it was sort of from someone “dissing” CCPA as an MT school. So–for people in the application process, are there any current CCPA kids/parents who can tell us whether you are “downtown” all the time or whether you have to “commute” to another part of the city for some of your classes? Can’t figure out a good, quick way to look this up on line, so I’d love to hear from somebody who really knows!</p>

<p>No. There are some dance classes at Lou Conte Studios, a few subway stops away, and others at the Joffrey Ballet which is a few blocks from the main buildings, but nothing very far away. They do get CTA U-Passes and travel in packs all over the city to go to plays and thrift stores and restaurants and parties, but they don’t generally have to go that far for classes. </p>

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to comment that 100% of my daughter’s classes (freshman and sophomore year) are downtown. She’ll take a short subway ride to a local dance studio (Lou Conte) on Saturday if she feels like doing more dancing. Some kids didn’t have 18 credits in their schedule so they got to go to Lou Conte for free and take extra dance. I think it was optional, they could go and get 3 credits, or not go and forgo the credits. Those kids had to go to a minimum number of classes at Lou Conte if they wanted the 3 credits. Obviously, the college wasn’t going to award them 3 credits for a class if they rarely attended the class. As I said though, I believe the class was optional.