What UC is the right one for ME?

<p>I did 1750 SAT
SAT 2: 570 & 540
ACT Comp: 29</p>

<p>Bunch of Ec’s, community service and hours, bunch more.
My stats are HORRIBLE, I know.</p>

<p>I got into UCSB, UCSC, PLU.
I’m waiting on Berkeley and UofA(Arizona)
I didn’t get into UCLA :/</p>

<p>I wanna major in Anthropology with a focus in Archaeology.
Which one is the best one for me?
I also want sunshine, I live by Seattle, I’m tired of the cold/rain.
I love hardcore/metal/death metal music.</p>

<p>I need to know which area is best gonna suit me.
What do you guys think???</p>

<p>yeppppp.
didn't think anyone would reply.....</p>

<p>UCSB</p>

<p>Lovely school
fun, amazing</p>

<p>you'll llike it!</p>

<p>too bad I didn't apply</p>

<p>but I love UCI!</p>

<p>i've heard the people there are extremely stuck up.
and it's only a huge alcohol/drug scene.</p>

<p>i don't drink/smoke.
and i'm from a town where there's very few wealthy people.</p>

<p>is that true about UCSB?</p>

<p>I'm going to UCSB and I'm edge. :/ </p>

<p>You can make your own scene and meet common people anywhere you go, the beautiful location just makes it even better. Hah, you by chance play guitar?</p>

<p>I've never heard of UCSB being stuck up, but it's definitely a party school. Arizona is worse (in terms of partying), and if you go to UCSC, you WILL start smoking pot.</p>

<p>I got into UCSB (and will probably go), and I don't drink or smoke either, so you won't be alone. Besides, it's a big school. You'll find your niche!</p>

<p>Daniel R. Levy: You're not like the run-of-the-mill edge right? You're actually into the music scene? The new trends really make me mad when people who have no idea what it is start claiming it.
What's it like there for an edge person? I've been very skeptical about it.</p>

<p>psycheycho: I've heard that about UCSC. No matter what I won't start smoking weed. I won't break edge, but idk i was just riding on that UCLA thing, and that didn't happen. We've still got CAL to give an answer (lol) and so i'm waiting patiently!</p>

<p>I, too, am from out of state. I got into UCSB and will likely be going there. </p>

<p>I don't smoke or drink either. I think the sterotype of everybody drinking and just partying at UCSB is a huge myth. Think about it, SOOOO many kids on here ask the same question just like you, "I don't drink or smoke, or party hard, will I fit in?" Obviously, there is still a huge group like us who don't party hard all the time.</p>

<p>Yeah that's what i've started to think. Many people prolly just muck up the reputation of EVERYONE there. It's kind of how it always is. I wasn't sure if that was the truth or if it really is simply a huge party zone. </p>

<p>Is the area like more city or more country? Then again I guess anywhere in Cali is gonna be a bigger city than where I live. Haha.</p>

<p>IndyofWA91: Yes, I'm actually into the music scene. I've got my Bane T-Shirt and I've been known to listen to Casey Jones on occasion. I hit up the venues, etc. </p>

<p>It's a suburban area within a couple hours of Los Angeles. The closest city is that of Santa Barbara (obviously).</p>

<p>I dunno. I keep seeing it on all of the "Top Party Schools" lists, and I hear people talk about how they recently visited the campus and how "wild" it is up there.</p>

<p>And then I feel like the people are kind of shallow...I took a tour there, and after the guide finished showing us one of the dorm rooms, we walked outside, and there were a bunch of girls wearing super skimpy bikinis tanning on the quad. At no other school I've visited have I seen this, and it just kind of cemented in my mind the kind of people that go to UCSB. </p>

<p>Also, the dorms seem kind of made for partying. They have these big common rooms with pool tables and a bunch of seating, which isn't odd for a dorm to have, but if you see them in person, you'll know what I mean. The whole place just looked kind of sketch. I swear I'm the only person in history to ever not like the UCSB campus.</p>

<p>But I'm glad that there are other people who are apprehensive about not being total partiers. I feel less alone already!</p>

<p>lol this is california</p>

<p>girls are tanning in every campus quad, it is spring time :)</p>

<p>I just thought it was odd they were tanning on the quad when they're so close to the beach...</p>

<p>Daniel R Levy: Amen to that! Are there any venues next to UCSB that you know of? I love my shows and my music. And I play a lil guitar, but not much. I don't have the time to sit and play. I've spent more time booking shows. Are you gonna go to the New Found Glory tour? I'm really pumped.</p>

<p>psycheycho: Cutieflutie is right, it's California and it's warm, and it's spring. They're gonna tan where they can get attention and where they can be seen, so we might as well enjoy it! and don't worry, from the looks of it, there's a bunch of us who don't party that are gonna be going, so we won't be alone!</p>

<p>I bet some of you who say you don't party will party once you go there....</p>

<p>Okay, I looked at UCs and UCSB is very pretty, but like a lot of posters already said it's known as a major party school. The weather at U of A is awesome, always sunny and while U of A is a party school, it is not that hardcore. For your major it is a very good choice. Great program. But downside, no beach.</p>

<p>breaking your word is for the weak, yet everyone falls every now and then, in one way or another. i know i have the self strength to not party when i get there, yet other people do not possess that quality and will fall. it always happens.</p>

<p>arizonagirl007: Yeah i've looked at the campuses for both and i do agree, they are very beautiful, and the only downside to Arizona is there is no beach. Yet i have heard that U of A is a more hardcore party school than UC, but a hugeeeeeeee scale.</p>

<p>IndyofWA91: I prolly won't be able to make it out to San Francisco to see them. Sorry I might have misphrased my words, I don't attend UCSB currently, but next year I will most likely be there. They've got a couple venues in SB and I know bands play on campus.</p>

<p>Bands really play on campus? Awesome! I thought I was gonna have no shows to see! Awh, this is gonna be much better than I anticipated.</p>