When do National Merit Finalist rejection letters come out?

Ahhh… I see. we are still waiting on our letter (cue Jeopardy theme music…). Thanks for the additional information!

2 Likes

Letter recieved in Michigan today. Yay!

Next up:

MARCH 1, 2022
A Finalist who has reported a sponsor college as first choice before March 1 will be included in the first group referred to that institution for scholarship consideration. Only the sponsoring college you have listed as your first choice will be
notified.

MARCH 1 THROUGH MAY 31, 2022
Periodically NMSC will notify sponsors of additional Finalists who have reported (by May 31) the college or university as their first choice. Only the sponsoring college you list as your first choice will be notified.

MAY 2, 2022
NMSC will begin emailing college-sponsored Merit Scholarship offer notifications.

1 Like

Received the letter today in MD!

1 Like

got the letter in CA! my school still hasnt notified me though

1 Like

We haven’t received any notification yet (we are in TX) and I’m guessing there will be no mail until Tuesday. :sob:

1 Like

Same in Arkansas! Still waiting!

Colorado-same. Nothin’

1 Like

Starting Monday they will release information over the phone to parents, I have called them and heard this myself twice and finally our counselor called and they gave her the information. We are in Florida and received nothing at school or at home. The number is 847 866 5100, ask for the scholarship desk/depart….put yourselves out of the misery of waiting, I’m so relieved and glad that part is over!

4 Likes

Colorado, still waiting. I’ll call tomorrow.

2 Likes

Those who have seen the letters in their “informed delivery” emails - are there any keywords that would pick that up?

I called the 847 866 5100 number, asked for the scholarship department, the nice person looked up my student with first and last name, confirmed the high school name and told me she made it to finalist. The letter was mailed 2/14 to the correct address, it’s just taking its sweet time. Took all of 3 minutes, thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Those who have seen the letters in their “informed delivery” emails - are there any keywords that would pick that up?

keywords for your inbox: (at least Gmail) “usps informed” (although it does not narrow down that particular piece of mail)

To subscribe via USPS: Informed Delivery - Mail & Package Notifications | USPS

1 Like

Our letter FINALLY arrived in snail mail today (to Colorado). Postmarked the 14th, so it perhaps took the long road getting here. Now just waiting for school to be over so he’s home and we can open it! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Those scans actually are searchable! (At least in gmail)

Our letter came today. Searching “usps merit” pulls up the email.

1 Like

We received our letter at home today in Florida. The school has been watching for theirs for over a week and they still have not received one.

Congratulations :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Thanks! Same to you and everyone else on here. What a long wait!

1 Like

We received the letter from NMSC in 2/22. (NY state)

2 Likes

My son received his finalist letter yesterday here in Florida. We find out Friday if he will be accepted to UF. I am very nervous. Does anyone know if being a NMF gives him a good boost to be accepted at UF? He scored 1590 on SAT and has a 4.0 gpa w almost all honors or AP classes. I feel like his essay was good. I’m so extremely nervous. You just never know. He did list UF as his first choice school.

1 Like

We are in a similar situation, extremely nervous. UF admissions told me that they do not consider national merit finalist in their decisions because they don’t actually officially get informed of them. My girl is 1550 SAT and 4.6 or 4.7 (all As full IB candidate with 4 AP classes).
We have no idea what to expect on Friday either. By stats alone they should both get in but I’ve heard crazy things so we are very worried too.